Removing Spotlights query

Jallani

Reaction score
I would like to remove the BMW spot lights on my 2013 GS LC. Presumably, it's just plugged in somewhere near the tank but if I remove the spotlights am I likely to get any errors or warning lights come on the dash?

I recall having to get a dealer to 'activate' the spot lights when I first bought them so unsure about the reverse process.

Thanks

No, some nice person stole mine and no warning lights came up.

Don't forget to fill them with acf50 grease or similar to forestall any corrosion problem's later on.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I’m sat here right now in my local Motorrad ( Ocean) asked them and they said if bmw lights, they will create a fault light on dash if removed and not “uninstalled” by computer . Lc’s 😉

Oh dear, my bike must have been fcuked then. I had no warning lights despite some bastard pinching the spots whilst overnighting in Warwick and spending next week running without them.

Still dealer's know best

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Just to add to the confusion, I emailed the dealer I bought them from and he reckons they can just be unplugged without any issues!

I guess I'll just have to unplug them and see what happens!

Just an update that I removed the spot light connector and received a 'lampf' warning (additional aux light bulb failure). Does anybody know if there is a way of 'deactivating' the spot lights from the bike without having to visit a dealer?

Thanks

Digging this thread back up - I’ve removed my BMW auxiliary lights and switch (replaced by Cansmart and D4s and DMs) and as expected got the “lampf” warning light. A visit to the dealer Nd they are unable to clear it. How has everybody else done it?

Just (loosely) reattached the BMW spots, BMW loom & BMW switch and the silly buggers have left them active, ever likely they are throwing up an error code.

I swop my genuine BMW spots from bike to bike each time I get a new one, and there is definitely no fault light showing after removal.:thumb

In fact I will be removing them for the 3rd time this week from my 2016 T/B to have them ready to refit onto my new 2018 GS TE Light white which I should have in about 10 sleeps from now.:bounce1

Arent the fog lights controlled using the wheel on the 2018 model rather than the switch or is that only if using aftermarket ones wires using the canbus system?

Could someone please give me some step by step instructions on how to remove the OEM LED spotlights and switch from my R1200GS as I want to fit them to my new R1250GS when I get it on Friday

Attachments

• 582E3EA7-0D52-452A-82DA-A4B1455E8C09.jpeg
    582E3EA7-0D52-452A-82DA-A4B1455E8C09.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 198
  • 773A7CD6-B71D-4DBE-963E-99B6AA9794DF.jpg
    773A7CD6-B71D-4DBE-963E-99B6AA9794DF.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 182
I swop my genuine BMW spots from bike to bike each time I get a new one, and there is definitely no fault light showing after removal.:thumb

In fact I will be removing them for the 3rd time this week from my 2016 T/B to have them ready to refit onto my new 2018 GS TE Light white which I should have in about 10 sleeps from now.:bounce1

Did removal from your 2016TB go OK with no error?

Back
Top Bottom