Ride Magazine GS nicked....

I've been standing next to my bike for the last 45 minutes with youtube connection and a smartphone with internet access and feck all has happened yet.

I bet you left the pound of butter in the fridge? - go and remove it , the bike will be gone by the time you get back :)

I've been standing next to my bike for the last 45 minutes with youtube connection and a smartphone with internet access and feck all has happened yet.

Scoot thieves probably think you're already on the job, so leaving you alone :D Keep it up, sterling work being done there.

I understand an angle grinder/snapping a steering lock, but picking a disc lock and defeating an immobiliser in a secure car park within 2 minutes - wtf tools have these people (described as kids in the thread) got in their arsenal? :eek:

Tumbler picks are readily available and need littler practise

db455d4d7bd0e8b6fefaa1c8616dad01.png

Tumbler picks are readily available and need littler practise

db455d4d7bd0e8b6fefaa1c8616dad01.png

Thanks - returning to bikes after a 15 year gap. this theft epidemic was news to me - I've since seen a number of YT vids about lock picking and watched various vids about the snap and scoot away mobs in London - not good :(

I have noticed :
Some police forces use covert capture cameras in car parks... To catch car thieves.
I wonder... Do we know if any police forces are doing the same with motorbikes?
I think this would catch quite a lot of opportunitistic thieves and once word got out or the tactics were publicised... Could be an effective ish deterrent?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

In my neighbourhood, there have been multiple succesful convictions, from leaving quad bikes on farms, with "built in" cctv and trackers.
Pleasing to see the efforts of the (farmers and police) cooperation. Good riddance scum theives, hope prison isn't too over crowded!

A small change to who picks up the pieces and responsibility would see this probem fixed quite swiftly

If youve taken reasonable steps to protect your property and its nicked, providing you can demonstrate you took reasonable steps to protect

your bike / car then the insurance company pays.. no small print evasion - or technicality avoidance!

Once payment is made - there should be no mark against you for making a claim, no loading of premiums, etc.

The cost of a non recovered fault claim should be borne by the Insurance co. and HMG :)

Its not your fault some low life had your property away.

Wouldnt take long before one moaned to the other and something was done.

Funny how after an MP was thieved by a scooter gang, the gang has been caught, and a 40% drop in this

type of crime has been reported!

Get HMG to pay for bike theft, you'd have more officers on the beat pronto :)

Yes. How about better trackers / multiple hidden ones with their own power supplies . Not just cameras...
Or being caught in the act... As alerts sent as soon as the bike moves... Not jusr GPS but movement sensors. Etc
So police can attend the scene quickly...
I just think it's worth investigating.
Especially in London where thefts are almost epidemic proportions.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Trackers...watch on an App some **** riding your bike in Romania,the Dutch lads tried to recover a push bike, but applies to any vehicle....

https://youtu.be/LL-uKfuz4Kc

A small change to who picks up the pieces and responsibility would see this probem fixed quite swiftly

If youve taken reasonable steps to protect your property and its nicked, providing you can demonstrate you took reasonable steps to protect

your bike / car then the insurance company pays.. no small print evasion - or technicality avoidance!

Once payment is made - there should be no mark against you for making a claim, no loading of premiums, etc.

The cost of a non recovered fault claim should be borne by the Insurance co. and HMG :)

Its not your fault some low life had your property away.

Wouldnt take long before one moaned to the other and something was done.

Funny how after an MP was thieved by a scooter gang, the gang has been caught, and a 40% drop in this

type of crime has been reported!

Get HMG to pay for bike theft, you'd have more officers on the beat pronto :)

Would fix the problem magically overnight.

Back
Top Bottom