Another Irish newbie, Limerick

landmarkjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, well newish... I have 2008 GS for a year, coming from VFR800. Needed something to soak up the bumps on the bog roads... specifically the road from Castlebar to Belmullet when visiting grandchildren convinced me I needed something with a bit more suspension travel. Not disappointed, superb machine for the job.

I had considered Varadero and Vstrom but then I thought if I don't get a GS I still won't know what "they" are on about! My only experience of BMW motorrad had been a short spin on a GS 1150 with a Remus exhaust and I was surprised at the vibrations coming through the seat, I think I was expecting BMW smoothness like from the cars.

So I dived in and got a really clean 2008 with 15K miles on from a guy who was upgrading to a Triple Black. He showed how to get on it :D and where the serial number was, nice helpful chap. It was funny because SWMBO was having a Saturday night away visiting and by the time she came back I had new bike bought (it was Saturday evening, dark, viewed it in a garage under lights, no test drive but I had a good feeling so left a deposit)

Did the Elephant Rally with OH in January and that went fine, unbelievable 10 days no rain!! Worse bit was freezing fog in Holland off the ferry for a couple hours. Thinking about the Stella Alpina for 2018 but want to do some touring in Spain as well so what comes first remains to be seen.

Welcome John, You should do an RR on the Elephant trip. I often considered it but never did it.

Hi John....from another newbie GS owner in Limerick...newbie to here, GS owner almost three years.

hey John,I know what yer talkin about,the Mayo roads will test any bike but the GS is well fit for them,I'm from Westport

Hi John, welcome and we might see you on the road sometime!

Back
Top Bottom