2008 GSA Battery?

Bought my gsa in July 2008, it had an oddysey battery fitted, it is still on my bike now more than 9 years later, I don't ride it from November until March.
It has never been on an optimate, it gets left for the whole of the winter without touching it and it has always started my bike again in march, I don't have the alarm armed in my garage though so very little actual drain on it.
I have a yuasa on one TL and a motobatt on the other, never on an optimate they have never let me down when left for months at a time. My car has done about 300 miles since march, it has been fine, I use the bikes all summer ,.
How come so many people have battery trouble with these bikes, very strange,

(It'll pack up this winter now won't it)

My wife's Fiat Panda had a Duracell brand battery but capacity was crap so replaced soon after we bought the car. How do I know capacity was crap? Battery was flat so attached the Optimate and after just 4 hours it was showing fully charged. Basically the cells were clogged up so that was the best it could do.

The car in a 57, showed 35K miles and the engine was as tight as... It had been used very gently for about 5000 miles per year. Who knows if this was its second or third battery but Fiat don't fit Duracell brand. Disuse uses lead acid batteries faster than actually using them.

Odyssey cope because they are hugely over specced. 510 burst amps would pop the starter motor even if the feeder cables could handle that current. If my bike had not needed the Odyssey I'd have dropped it on the car to see how it coped. Its 1250cc 4 banger can't be any harder on the battery than the 1180cc twin.

Back
Top Bottom