wheel question

jdh1340

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
would a pair of cast wheels from a 2006 gs single cam fit a 2010 twin cam gs??????

Yes ,but you need a set of rear wheel studs as the spoke wheels use longer studs

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

its spoke wheels I have on the TC,am I ok?

As streaky says, cast wheels will fit but you need to use bolts for cast wheels which are different in length to bolts for wires.

The cast wheel bolts are about 10mm shorter that the wire wheel bolts. If you fit the longer bolts to the cast wheels they will foul the wheel carrier.

The later type front discs with older type cast wheel will not properly fit the front callipers. But I have the early discs with early cast wheels on my GSA and they fit fine. so like for like seem ok.

its spoke wheels I have on the TC,am I ok?

I fked up there,I meant to say its cast wheels I have on the TCam,to much cider while Huricane Ophelia was trying to blow the house down last night :beer:

Ran my tc gsa on gs wheels in the winter , same as this even down to the MIVV exhaust

Attachments

• mivv-bmw-r-1200-gs-bialbero-2010_2.jpg
    mivv-bmw-r-1200-gs-bialbero-2010_2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 132
I took my wire wheels off last winter. Never got around to swapping them back. The 5 spokes ally’s are the same weight as wires so no performance deficit I can feel.
Now if I could run to a pair of Alpina wheels...

Back
Top Bottom