Wow the price of a new fully kitted GSA !

Robbo1200ADV

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was getting my GSA serviced today and say a new Ralley GSA in white, blue frame TFT screen full luggage every toy ticked including SOS tinted screen and it was £21500 :eek: Ok it was fully loaded but my word that's a lot is it not ? 21 grand ! Anyone bought one at that price yet ?

as much as I like the rallye think I'll be keeping my current bike at them prices.
I really don't understand the logic of pricing, approx 2000+ less parts than most top end family cars and yet the same price???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was getting my GSA serviced today and say a new Ralley GSA in white, blue frame TFT screen full luggage every toy ticked including SOS tinted screen and it was £21500 :eek: Ok it was fully loaded but my word that's a lot is it not ? 21 grand ! Anyone bought one at that price yet ?

People on here don't buy new bikes. They have them on PCP :augie

I think my current GSA will be my Last one! There are cheaper alternatives on the market. The icon has priced it self out of my “garage”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a 2017 LC hope it does me good for 10 years, or is that wishful thinking until another eye candy kicks in :duno

I think my current GSA will be my Last one! There are cheaper alternatives on the market. The icon has priced it self out of my “garage”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Tens are great value for money... 12 month old KTM's similar..... wait 36 months and Africa Twins will be £1.75...

I'm with you, the GSA has crossed the "sensible" boundary - HD have done the same with the 2018 RK at £20k.......too much ££ ( IMO )

My 2015 GSA (13k on the clocks) will be my last purchase, warranty ran out last month as it's just turned 2? So far it's had the following warranty work?

New E4 engine(paint washed off)
New drive train(paint washed off)
New sub frame(paint fell off)
New rear shock(just didn't work)
Currently waiting on the outcome of another drive train as you guessed it? PAINT WASHED OFF!

Gutted to say that if she doesn't last that's it for the GSA at these prices as I save up my pennies and buy my toys!

Had GSA's for nearly 12 years and all I can say is gutted!

Ps it's like Triggers Broom! Let's hope she lasts!

I have a lc tb and very much doubt that I will buy another new bmw with prices that high but guess what the japs make things for half the price

The new GSA Rallye is according to a dealer I was speaking to turning out to be a 'marmite bike' , some people love the colours and many others really dislike them.

Shame when the GS Rallye is such a nice looking bike with a really nice colour scheme

People on here don't buy new bikes. They have them on PCP :augie

I bought my 2017 R1200GS Adventure Triple Black and own it outright. No Finance, No PCP.

However, my 2017 Africa Twin was bought on PCP as it was such a good deal. 0% Finance, £3200 paid by Honda. £70pcm. Bargain and a genuinely free loan in my opinion until I pay that off in 3 years time.

Agree with the sentiment. My 2013 GSA TC is a great bike which I love. Sales guy keeps trying to entice me with a new GSA and what I would consider a fair deal. However...£11k to change. Not a question of being able to afford it....more a question of is it good value for money. Is it £11k better. Nope, I will be staying put.

Totally agree.

I like bikes 2/3 year old or more, just try to get a nice one. Yes, buying new means you are the first rider etc. but the first year of a £21k+ bike is a hard pill to swallow. If I was going to keep the bike for 10 years from buying it then I could understand to an extent, but I've recently returned to bikes, and I can't believe just how expensive they have gotten compared to cars now - a BMW 118i petrol is only a grand more on carwow!

Bikes in general are being priced/insured out of the market, they used to be a cheap way to travel - that stopped many years ago.

James

I disliked the large GS on the tank of the Rallye, so went Racing Red.

Regarding costs, mine came in at £18700 with TFT/NAV6 and full pannier/top box set.

Two words - Weak pound.

My 2015 GSA ...
New E4 engine(paint washed off)
New drive train(paint washed off)
New sub frame(paint fell off)
New rear shock(just didn't work)
Currently waiting on the outcome of another drive train as you guessed it? PAINT WASHED OFF!......

Fucking madness at £21k ....

And Engineer will be along in a moment to tell you that the GS is the best bike known to man and God ... simples. :)

unless they come up with deals like with the AT i will not be buying a new bike, they wont shift em at 21k, sales are dropping rapidly at my local dealer

Back
Top Bottom