Wow the price of a new fully kitted GSA !

It is actually a more planted outlook than all the families who are gayly signing up for PCPs with the self-justification of "It must be good - everyone is doing it!"

Look around the country and see all the swish, new cars - you could be forgiven for thinking the economy was absolutely BOOMING!

I think the reality is somewhat shy of that.

Al

And there is the answer

I have just spent the last 2 days on a Regulatory & Compliance course on consumer lending and the clear message to the lenders and dealers that the product offered to consumers must be suitable, sustainable and meets the needs of the borrower

Neil W Audi example of the 65 year old clearly demonstrates the pcp has fallen down on one or all of those principles

The FCA are looking into the pcp market with scrutiny

It may not be all it appears and not the best purchase option for many people which have undertaken them

Pcp could well be the emperor's new clothes

Take any year, look at a GS price , adjust for inflation..... no great differences.

Most of the posts on this thread are flawed. (Though JB always makes great sense when it comes to finance )

Prices for the GS have always been the same .

Attachments

• WhatsApp.jpg
    WhatsApp.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 559
Has something terrible happened to you or is glum, cheerless, miserable, downcast, look out! don't do it! O me miserum! doom monger just your normal outlook? Cheer up! ;)

It’s his time of the month :D

And there is the answer

I have just spent the last 2 days on a Regulatory & Compliance course on consumer lending and the clear message to the lenders and dealers that the product offered to consumers must be suitable, sustainable and meets the needs of the borrower

Neil W Audi example of the 65 year old clearly demonstrates the pcp has fallen down on one or all of those principles

The FCA are looking into the pcp market with scrutiny

It may not be all it appears and not the best purchase option for many people which have undertaken them

Pcp could well be the emperor's new clothes

Yep, could well be the next ppi 'scandal', in which the provident and the prudent end up yet again subsidising the profligate and the dishonest.

The concerning issue is when it’s a year old and has covered only 5,000 miles, it would be worth £12k on the private market and £10k as a trade in.

I’ve never done it but this is what makes PCP look attractive.

Personally, I’d rather buy a nearly new one outright and do the same with cars

PCP has it's advantages, especially if offered at competitive apr, but I've never found a case when buying a new car or bike in which it works out to be the financially better option. The figures for initial rental and monthlies never stack up against a cash/cheap loan purchase and end value (Ti or sale).

I have just bought my first thing on pcp, what made me use pcp was the low 1.3% interest, the £1900 deposit contribution and being a bmw electric car, nobody really knows what the market for electric cars will be in 4 years time. So pcp makes sense to me. As an aside I haven’t had so much fun driving a car in years, they are really quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think pcp is just a way to shift units, dealers make it sound so beneficial, personally I think it's a scam, aimed at getting you to keep changing every 3 years, try walking away from a pcp purchase, from what I'm aware, even handing the vehicle back does not clear the outstanding pcp payments. I've even heard dealers say you can finance at the end of the pcp deal, that's not exactly true. The dealer has to resell the vehicle unless you buy it cash.

While talking of dealer things, I personally also think the pre reg lark is out of control, I drive past a large dealer who has new cars with 65 plates pre reged.... I think this with be a downfall on the car market shortly.

We are mostly over 18 yrs old here.
If you can afford it and want it have it.
If you can't afford it, or don't want it don't have it.

( I qualify on all accounts )

We are mostly over 18 yrs old here.
If you can afford it and want it have it.
If you can't afford it, or don't want it don't have it.

( I qualify on all accounts )

:thumb

I think pcp is just a way to shift units, dealers make it sound so beneficial, personally I think it's a scam, aimed at getting you to keep changing every 3 years, try walking away from a pcp purchase, from what I'm aware, even handing the vehicle back does not clear the outstanding pcp payments. I've even heard dealers say you can finance at the end of the pcp deal, that's not exactly true. The dealer has to resell the vehicle unless you buy it cash.

While talking of dealer things, I personally also think the pre reg lark is out of control, I drive past a large dealer who has new cars with 65 plates pre reged.... I think this with be a downfall on the car market shortly.

Good point

Good way to move units

However we're heading for a 'correction' perhaps if you believe yesterday's news on personal debt and stress testing

You can hp or get a loan for the balloon if you still want to own vehicle - many don't though

This is a famous phrase said by Polonius in Act-I, Scene-III of William Shakespeare's play, Hamlet.

The character Polonius counsels his son Laertes before he embarks on his visit to Paris.

He says, “Neither a borrower nor a lender be; / For loan oft loses both itself and friend.”

I paid £1700 for a brand new GS in 1980; no paint issues, no breakdown issues, no final drive worrys; start first crank every time; only mistake, it was red and white, and not blue and white. Suzuki made some cracking bikes.:thumb2

He says, “Neither a borrower nor a lender be; / For loan oft loses both itself and friend.”

Well he'd never survive a modern society would he.

What shite advice.

My version would be

Neither a borrower nor a lender be without reading the small print; / For borrower oft loses as devil is in the detail.

This is a famous phrase said by Polonius in Act-I, Scene-III of William Shakespeare's play, Hamlet.

The character Polonius counsels his son Laertes before he embarks on his visit to Paris.

In one :thumb2

One of the few ways to true freedom when you are beholden to nobody................. (well, as much as that's possible in our society)

Andres

Andres

£21k and absolutely feck all security for your money.................... is it any wonder they're getting stolen like hot cakes.

This would be a cheaper option than a PCP deal, use it for a few months, then return to London and choose another one!

Friend of mine got into pcp deals a few years back and since then has gone from owning outright a 3 year old Seat Leon Fr

He has since effectively been leasing a vehicle

I was talikng to someone in the trade a few weeks ago and the importers/dealer networks are actively encouraging everyone to push pcp (they make more money at both ends and in the middle of the deal according to him)

is that not what a PCP deal is?

You are leasing a vehicle.

Years ago, the local Ford dealer was heard to say that "once we have them on 'Options' ( the first scheme for PCP I believe?) we have them for life". Which Neil shows in his post..

No you have to be awake to what really makes you happy. You'd be surprised how simple it is if you had the bollocks to do it.

Do stuff that makes you happy, not what you think makes other people happy, and stop testing yourself on other peoples standards and achievements. It'll hold you back.

If you had no idea of the latest marketing trivia, and no idea of what the people around you were doing, you're ambitions and life targets would be very different and very simplistic.

They only get complicated if you start comparing yourself to others who appear to have more. Forget that shite, you do what you want to do.

Would you please give me some advice, I have such a hollow, empty and boring life, so any tips would be good.

Would you please give me some advice, I have such a hollow, empty and boring life, so any tips would be good.

Yeah, get off this fucking Forum. Grab your Passport and some cash. Do one.

:D

Back
Top Bottom