Wow the price of a new fully kitted GSA !

I can’t afford a top level GSA at new prices but I’ve done the new Audi A4 Sport with farkles, new VW Sharan with huge caravan.
But really don’t want it all done for me. I would rather have an older bike and put my own stamp on it.

Each to their own but I don't finance or borrow money unless it's interest free (and I can afford to pay it off) or it's for something thats going to make me money.
15, 18 or 20k is an eye watering amount for a heavily depreciating toy.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

15, 18 or 20k is an eye watering amount for a heavily depreciating toy.

I took a different view (and I'm getting ready for the incoming :reaper) in that relative to some cars, the initial outlay and subsequent depreciation of a new GS/GSA, for the performance, pleasure and smiles per £ spent was pretty reasonable.

I mean, this demographic should spent that hard earned sooner rather than later.

Hey, I'm not knocking it for those that do, as long as you can justify it to yourself (ok, maybe the mrs too) and you get enjoyment, does it matter what anyone else thinks? :)

Much of this if the value of Sterling which has gone down post Brexit. And you haven’t seen anything yet. There will be £30k RTs and top end bikes very soon. Whoever from you lot who voted for Brexit and f****d it up for the rest of us too... good luck to all of us...

In which case i wonder why in the past a BMW was more expensive to buy in the Uk even when the euro/frank/potato/Leera/mark was shite compared to the pound..

I took a different view (and I'm getting ready for the incoming :reaper) in that relative to some cars, the initial outlay and subsequent depreciation of a new GS/GSA, for the performance, pleasure and smiles per £ spent was pretty reasonable.

I mean, this demographic should spent that hard earned sooner rather than later.

That's how I look at it, what I pay in "rent" on my PcP is a pittance compared to the enjoyment I get out of my bike.
Compared to other forms of entertainment it's bloody cheap.

15k for a pre reg Rallye sport with vario panniers. 0 miles. Expensive enough at that but a comparable bargain to over priced new ones. Be worth the same in 3 years as well.

I realised years ago we are all different in how we place values. In 1967 we had a good, well very good fishy year I bought VW camper my brother bought a gold Rolex and at the time I though what a poser but now I realise we all have different values and good luck in what rings your bell. Looking around I realise I had a very hard but stress free work environment looking at todays work place I feel wow I was lucky. So good luck to all you younger guys buy what makes you happy, you can’t take it with you ( my thoughts on being 71)

Amen, that's the truth, when you are unladen and free to choose your own course.............then the master of your own ship, you can be

Frees the mind, gets you off the hamster wheel - work>pay someone

Despite owning BMW's for over 10 years, Allan Jefferies have lost interest in trying to flog me a new bike now I've paid off the PCP. My 2014 bike has an 18 month old/10k mile replacement engine, 12 month old replacement rear shock and barely any corrosion, so they've realised I'm not going to spend £10K swapping it for a new one on PCP.

I'm now free to buy what I want, when I want after escaping the hamster wheel :beerjug:

You would think the guy in the video would have stuck to speed limits as he was filming it, lol,

Despite owning BMW's for over 10 years, Allan Jefferies have lost interest in trying to flog me a new bike now I've paid off the PCP. My 2014 bike has an 18 month old/10k mile replacement engine, 12 month old replacement rear shock and barely any corrosion, so they've realised I'm not going to spend £10K swapping it for a new one on PCP.

I'm now free to buy what I want, when I want after escaping the hamster wheel :beerjug:

It works then
Good isn't it
The hamster wheel only has ONE master

15k for a pre reg Rallye sport with vario panniers. 0 miles. Expensive enough at that but a comparable bargain to over priced new ones. Be worth the same in 3 years as well.

I doubt it

Back
Top Bottom