1100gs rear disc replacement.

cartejo5

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning folks, I need to replace the rear disc on my 1100gs. Is it wise to replace the torx screws that fasten the disc to the wheel hub? Also any tips on removing disc, do the screws need heating etc etc.

Many thanks.

Plenty of heat to soften thread lock.

You are meant to replace the bolts, but entirely up to you really

I replaced the discs on a set of additional wheels I bought for my old 1150gs. The bolts, wave washers and bobbins were £90 :eek:

I replaced the discs on a set of additional wheels I bought for my old 1150gs. The bolts, wave washers and bobbins were £90 :eek:

Bloody hell where did you buy them from.

I've just fixed a rattling front disk and the above parts cost @33.00 and that was to do both fronts.

Bloody hell where did you buy them from.

I've just fixed a rattling front disk and the above parts cost @33.00 and that was to do both fronts.

Genuine BMW ones. Wave washers were £1.50 each, bobbins were £4.50 and the bolts were another £1.50 each. That's £7.50 per fixing point, 10 on the front plus 5 bolts on the back, give or take a few quid you're looking at the neck end of £90.

Ok I see, the rear on the 1100 is non floating it just has 5 torx screw holding it on, they’re about a £1 each from motorworks.

Back
Top Bottom