BMW Lowering footpegs front and Wunderlich rear footpeg lowering adpaters installed

Deleted account 191119001

Reaction score
Just had a day off, so had time to install the front and rear lowering pegs, front for me as 6ft 2 and rear to give the wife a little more leg room to jump on the bike, made some pics, installation is a half hour job for all, and you can see at the lowest position on the front, how the sidestand when folded with a SW motech foot enlarger is all on the same level, looks like I will have to raise the gear shift a little. also bike is 2017 LC

get a url for a picture

Those pillion footrests look great but I'm not convinced the rider ones will make that much difference from the photos. What has it dropped them by from stock, 1/2" maybe? They also look to be a little further back than stock which would put your knee in an even more bent position. :nenau

The rider footrests at the last setting, drop down 2cm, and at the top they are equal to standard, as for the pillion, they drop down a cool 4cms, which is great for a small wife, as they say every cm counts. :beerjug:

I'm 6'2 and have fitted the same forward pegs, I like the fact I can adjust them down and they gave me extra foot clearance to gearshift.

They also look great, shame the HP levers are not the same colour. :)

Are the rider lowering footpegs available from a BMW dealer? Have you got a part no? Thanks

Those pillion footrests look great but I'm not convinced the rider ones will make that much difference from the photos. What has it dropped them by from stock, 1/2" maybe? They also look to be a little further back than stock which would put your knee in an even more bent position. :nenau

I got these pegs maybe 7 months ago and have them in the second position which is just lower than stock and it was just perfect for taking the ache off from my knees that would kick in after 40 minutes or so.

A pair of black BMW pegs: 77 252 452 960. £178 from Rainbows BMW online.
There's a pair of gold ones in the for sale section at £130.

A pair of black BMW pegs: 77 252 452 960. £178 from Rainbows BMW online.
There's a pair of gold ones in the for sale section at £130.

Yep I got mine from Bohling in Germany but you can get the same in the UK, make sure you look good at the part that goes into the footrest, as the first set they sent, one was Bronze, and the other a slight lighter bronze even silverish, sent them back and replaced within the week, all was good, ones on for sale section, got sold quickly, I missed it by a wink.

https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.co...e-k50-k51-adjustable-front-footrests-set.html

If you can stretch to it it's worth getting the matching Gilles gear and brake pedal:
https://calsport.co.uk/bmw-r-1200-g...gilles-adjustable-footrests/rct-bm05-sb-kit-t
Combined with the foot pegs (which are made for BMW by Gilles) they give a really nice, fully adjustable set up. They use bearings rather than bushes as well. I'm sure my gearbox feels smoother with them.

Just had an email from Gilles and their answer is below, I asked about 2017 LC

for the new version is does not fit and so is not released. Currently it is not yet decided to make a new product or update the current one to make it fit. At the moment this product is not available.

I have a pair of those Wunderlich rear footrest lowering devices. Anyone interested can make me an offer - very easy to fit. 10mins max if you don’t lose the circlip.

pm me please.

Just received a pair of these BMW branded (Giles) adjustable foot-pegs from Bahnstormers ... IN BLACK :D .

They certainly make the standard pegs look very 'cheap' by comparison ...

45607047792_4a4f767c93_c.jpg

Haven't fitted them, so am reserving final judgement, but they have to be better than the 'Savage' (Chinese knock-offs of Pivot Pegs) that I have on there now :( . Those are higher than the standard foot-pegs, obscure the side stand lug and are so sharp that they dig into my soft-soled boots to the point where they stick like Velcro and I nearly fall off when trying to get my foot down at junctions :p .

Don't know why they don't make these in bare aluminium colour :nenau, but black will look better than gold on my 2015 GS.

Not much else to say at the moment. I just wanted to add that photo to show how they look when adjusted to the highest position, which equates to the same height as the standard pegs.

Just had an email from Gilles and their answer is below, I asked about 2017 LC

for the new version is does not fit and so is not released. Currently it is not yet decided to make a new product or update the current one to make it fit. At the moment this product is not available.

they both fitted onto my 2018 gs from my 2016?

If you can stretch to it it's worth getting the matching Gilles gear and brake pedal:
https://calsport.co.uk/bmw-r-1200-g...gilles-adjustable-footrests/rct-bm05-sb-kit-t
Combined with the foot pegs (which are made for BMW by Gilles) they give a really nice, fully adjustable set up. They use bearings rather than bushes as well. I'm sure my gearbox feels smoother with them.

The Wunderlich gear shift lever is similar and makes gearshifts feel really smooth because of the ball bearings in the adjustable peg.

[
34052043930_c6d6042507_z.jpg

So, I fitted my new (Gilles) pegs today and very nice they are too :) .

In the middle position (1/2" lower than standard), they don't foul the side stand (even with its enlarged footplate) and it returns smoothly and silently against the rubber stop when I flip it up. Also, the 'blob' that's welded on to the side of the stand is much more accessible than it was with the previous set of pegs (see below) and so it's easy to get the side stand down.

31810499408_58dbc16382_c.jpg

The pegs that I took off the bike where higher and further forward than even the standard GS LC pegs and so not ideal for larger than average (size 12) feet like mine. They might be a good option for riders with smaller than average feet though (ladies?) :rolleyes: .

45632406042_37ae8563c3_c.jpg

Haven't test ridden the bike yet, but the early signs are that these new BMW Motorrad pegs should prove perfect for my needs. I am happy now ... if a little poorer, financially :p .

[/THREAD_HIJACK] :D

Back
Top Bottom