Another Hilltop Convert

I would leave until 600 services. Book one of the Forum discount days as soon after.- This IMHO and has no scientific reason.
Mike

Make sure its well bedded in before going for a full power thrash. Most are noticeably more free running at 1000 miles.

Thanks Guys,

Yes I thought that I’d certainly wait until after the first service but, upon reflection, having seen and heard Geoff reving up the engines, I’ll wait until my p&j is well bedded in.

On that basis, I think I’m looking at spring or early summer next year.

Thanks again,

MM:beerjug:

I would leave until 600 services. Book one of the Forum discount days as soon after.- This IMHO and has no scientific reason.
Mike

mine was done from new 3 years ago..dropped the shite oil for Motul 300v and thrashed every ride since with no issues..one thing i always do with all my bikes is to warm them thoroughly before setting off

I had my 2015 done and it was great

Thinking of changing it as have done 30k miles . Is the hilltop mod still worthwhile on the newer bikes or have bmw sorted them?
Thanks

I had my 2015 done and it was great

Thinking of changing it as have done 30k miles . Is the hilltop mod still worthwhile on the newer bikes or have bmw sorted them?
Thanks

It’s even more worthwhile on the newer bikes, since Euro 4 has been introduced.

I’m sending in the ECU of my wife’s F650 GS (twin) as they have confirmed they can do it and it needs some more beans :D

Had my 2017 gs exclusive done last Monday, have mivv full system on and difference is noticeable, more torque and hp from 2.5k upwards and a definite surge from 5k to red line. The figures were pre map 101bhp, after 116.9bhp..... feels more though....for me it’s worth the money

Not being the most technologically minded, I was swayed by the arguments and got my last bike dynoed at Hilltop and whereas I didn’t notice any overall mpg improvement I did notice that where I used to go around roundabouts in 2nd, I could now do quite comfortably in 3rd! In fact I was changing gear far far less often then before and the bike definitely seemed smoother.

QUESTION: As I’m picking up a brand new GSA on Monday, how many miles should I put on it prior to going back up to Hilltop?

MM

I’m leaving mine till the first service, but Geoff regularly has brand new race engines and road bikes there.

Had my 2017 gs exclusive done last Monday, have mivv full system on and difference is noticeable, more torque and hp from 2.5k upwards and a definite surge from 5k to red line. The figures were pre map 101bhp, after 116.9bhp..... feels more though....for me it’s worth the money

BHP is only part of it. Have a look at the torque graph and you’ll see just why it feels a lot more powerful and smoother.

They might make a huge difference on this because it's a detuned 800. I had one when they first came out and compared to the 800 they feel strangled
It runs a different crank and cam shaft to the 800 apparently. Believe me we asked pretty soon after we bought it :D

New Hilltop "Group Discount Date" December 9th. PM me to book with Make/Model/Year contact details and preferred time between 09:00-13:00. Saves £50 for first visit.
John S

Also sent my ECU to be remapped at H.T , too far away to go down with the bike. Bike is in standard tune, reinstalled the ECU yesterday and went for a run, Ha, Ha,Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ha, sorry , what I meant to say is the difference is noticeable

Back
Top Bottom