change?

decision made, a vstrom 650 ordered yesterday. a black one with heated grips, crash bars, lower cowl, tank pad and centre stand. happy with the deal, and think the dealer is too. pick it up in november.:thumby: thanks for the points of view, don't expect photos as i' not computer litterate.
You won't go far wrong, the odd niggle aside, they are reliable, durable, well proven bikes.
Loads in the US have run to well over 100k and even 200k.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

decision made, a vstrom 650 ordered yesterday. a black one with heated grips, crash bars, lower cowl, tank pad and centre stand. happy with the deal, and think the dealer is too. pick it up in november.:thumby: thanks for the points of view, don't expect photos as i' not computer litterate.[/QU

Good luck with it :thumb2

ok, at 71 yrs of age i feel the gs is getting a bit heavy for me. had a 2hr demo run on a 650 vstrom yesterday. great engine although there is a fair bit of vibes at 65+, a lot of noise on my helmet off the screen and the brakes just middling. the bike handled ok for me but the ride is a bit rough on the dual carraigeway but coped with big bumps better.
all in all a good experience and i thought i would be quite happy to get back on the gs for the run home. never before have i felt the weight of the gs as much before and although the gs was better at cruising the main road it felt very unweildy in town compred to the wee.
so guys and girls, how do you find your v's, what is warranty and dealer support like as well as reliability? i must say i am sorely tempted.
i don't want to spend a ton of money on farkles as i may not live long enough to benefit.:D i would value your opinions, tia. jags.

I've had big bikes for many years but currently enjoying a KTM 690 Duke which I also did a long trip on and was great.

At 5'7" it may be it's too small for you? In the real world, it's quick enough and won't tempt me to ride at go to prison speeds like my 1300s, S1000RR, or XR. The thing I like about it most is it's great to use every day for general transport. I wouldn't want to ride my GS or XR into town but the Duke is so punchy, small and naughty I look forward to riding it.

My GS feels like a tank with some tyres yet the Conti TKC70 made it feel really quick turning. Trail Attacks are between the -70 and old slugs like the ordinary Tourance

The biggest GS issue for me is (still) leg reach seat height. A pair of Wilbers would sort that but remain beyond my means.

A bike that vibrates at speeds where you most use it will quickly become annoying. That would kill it for me on a DL650.

Back
Top Bottom