Hello from London

Rob_F

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just introducing myself as I just purchased a 2018 R1200GS (Black) and currently awaiting delivery. Very much looking forward to getting involved in the forum.

I'm relatively new to bikes, having got my full license in the last 2 years (previously rode a scooter as a 16 year old!). I've already had some experience with BMWs as I've owned an R Nine T for a year - fell in love with the look of the bike and it basically inspired me to get into biking properly. However, 1 year on and I've decided that want I really want is a bike for some more long distance 'adventures' which has a bit more refinement. So I test rode a GS and the rest is history...!

All the best,

Rob

p.s. living in London brings an extra edge to GS ownership - security is my constant focus!

Greetings Rob & welcome to the forum.....enjoy your new bike when it arrives.....:D

HiRob -I'm interested on how your insurance is looking in London and what sounds like a low no-claims. I just came back from 10-years not riding in the uk (I ride in India 2-3 months a year) and with no no-claims and a postcode in Brixton Carole nash quoted £2900 per annum for a new 1200GSA - that's parking in front garden, anchored, no commute, and building a new garage for it! Did you two years no claims before buying yours, and has it been easier to swallow than £2900? Thanks, Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom