KTM 1290S ordered. Need advise on options

So far, I’m not overly impressed with the Hill hold on my bike. Last weekend, it held the bike on a junction on a hill, then just as I was creeping forward slightly, it kicked in again, and stopped the bike dead. On a junction on a hill.:eek:

It’s a good job there was nothing coming.

Here we go! Have you checked the engine for corrosion? I hope you kept the Rallye! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go! Have you checked the engine for corrosion? I hope you kept the Rallye! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corrosion? It’s a KTM, not a GS!:p

The 1190 and the 1190R have different routing for the petrol crossover pipe which gets in the way, but I *think* you can still get the guard to fit with a bit of tweaking.

Edit: I see now you are asking about a 1290 :blast Info may well still apply and the 1190R guard is not exactly a king's ransome to find out.

Fitted the 1190R guard with a bit of farkling of the fuel crossover guard and using longer screws.

IMHO, it offers better protection than the PP unit (which still has large holes) and is probably lighter.

Just fitted this morning...

Black Akro
KTM ally sump guard
White KTM 1290SA front mudguard
White KTM handguards with metal bars
Ginger clutch master cylinder

Fitted by the dealer..

Ginger crash bars
Ginger rear sprocket
Ginger Pre filters
Sat Nav mount
Black tank protector
Radiator protector
Heated grips
Heated seats
Quick shifter

Left to do.

Sat Nav
Helicopter tape on stand and frame
Pelicase
Ginger front brake master cylinder cover.

Bike has costed at least £1000 more than originally anticipated. If I checked every box on the KTM configurer, the bike would be close to £22,000. That’s just daft. So I think I got away quite lightly.

It’s raining at the moment and quite dull. So perhaps a photo tomorrow or Thursday.

Just fitted this morning...

Black Akro
KTM ally sump guard
White KTM 1290SA front mudguard
White KTM handguards with metal bars
Ginger clutch master cylinder

Fitted by the dealer..

Ginger crash bars
Ginger rear sprocket
Ginger Pre filters
Sat Nav mount
Black tank protector
Radiator protector
Heated grips
Heated seats
Quick shifter

Left to do.

Sat Nav
Helicopter tape on stand and frame
Pelicase
Ginger front brake master cylinder cover.

Bike has costed at least £1000 more than originally anticipated. If I checked every box on the KTM configurer, the bike would be close to £22,000. That’s just daft. So I think I got away quite lightly.

It’s raining at the moment and quite dull. So perhaps a photo tomorrow or Thursday.

It must have cost you a fair bit to get everything painted from orange to ginger. :augie

Picture of the bike with the white mudguard and a few other bits n bobs.

I should have waited 6 months - Crescent are selling all new bikes at cost price on black Friday.

Don't know what stock they have or the actual cost, but it might be of interest to someone.

I should have waited 6 months - Crescent are selling all new bikes at cost price on black Friday.

Don't know what stock they have or the actual cost, but it might be of interest to someone.

But you’ve had 6 months of fun. Can’t put a price on that.

All new bikes!

Cost price!

Sounds too good to be true. Are they closing down?

There’s no info regarding this on their website so did you get it from a promotional email? I’m working just outside Southampton and to make it worse I’m on night shift with sod all to do in the afternoons :blast

I’m sure I’ll be able to resist because I’ve got a Norton to finish off and Andover Norton will be a worthwhile distraction one afternoon next week.

Well I was on the phone with someone yesterday, who was actually there at the time asking about deals and it was "nothing doing".

Really, how likely does it sound anyway?

Back
Top Bottom