Autocom SPA & Nav V

GSAMark

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening chaps & chapsasses....... Is anyone running and Autocom SPA & Nav V on their steed? Are you having a problem with phone volume? I'm experiencing very low volume but only with the phone side of things. All other sounds are fine, instruction, music and wife, (pillion), although the latter can get loud at times! :D don't tell her I said that!:blast

Just wondered if there was one of the internal switches that would alter the volume output. Phone handset volume is up to the max too. I made sure whilst in a call but it made no difference.

Anyone offer any wisdom?:blagblah:blagblah:clap

I run the same set up although I don’t use my phone with mine. I have always had trouble with the volume of the instructions so guess we are having similar problems?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Don’t make a habit of answering calls on the bike. I just don’t like stuff that doesn’t work properly. The only call I will normally answer is from the wife if I’m away without her. She knows I’m on the bike so only rings when it’s important

I Don’t make a habit of answering calls on the bike. I just don’t like stuff that doesn’t work properly. The only call I will normally answer is from the wife if I’m away without her. She knows I’m on the bike so only rings when it’s important

Answering the phone is fine I do it in my wife’s car as its so equipped, I just don’t have it set up on my bike. Probably the main reason I don’t do this on the bike is my wife is with me 95% of the time.

I just wish my instructions were louder! Also my Bluetooth drops out on a regular bases which is a pain.

Which Aux socket is your Audio Lead (from the Bluetooth unit) connected to?
If it's Aux2 try Aux 3, on one of these the volume is much higher, I think it is the latter but you may need to experiment. This is the advice I was given by Sam at Chainspeed.

Bob

Autocom SPA & Nav V

Which Aux socket is your Audio Lead (from the Bluetooth unit) connected to?
If it's Aux2 try Aux 3, on one of these the volume is much higher, I think it is the latter but you may need to experiment. This is the advice I was given by Sam at Chainspeed.

Bob

I’ll give that a try only problem is I will have to take the back of the bike apart as mine is right at the back by the rear light. Might be able to though??

I had that set up on my GS and i could never get the phone to work properly through the NAV it connected ok and showed calls coming in but i never managed to get it to a level i could hear or speak

I tried all the different socket options but gave up as i was never bothered about answering the thing any way

I'll try that today Bob. Cheers. I do recall different outlets having different powers outputs but I've never changed my setup since it's been in the bike. Only thing that has changed is the Nav units themselves. All worked fine with my first tom tom but then a newer tom tom and now the Nav V are very quiet. (Phone calls)

I'll give it a go today and get back to you. Thanks again

Well strike me with a feather and call me Shirley. It worked!!! All other volumes are too loud now but that was an easier fix. I felt sure nothing had moved with the cables. I have had the autocom off the bike a few times for maintenance but left all the wires in place. Just goes to show. Cheers Bob

Well strike me with a feather and call me Shirley. It worked!!! All other volumes are too loud now but that was an easier fix. I felt sure nothing had moved with the cables. I have had the autocom off the bike a few times for maintenance but left all the wires in place. Just goes to show. Cheers Bob

So is Aux 3 the way to go?

Glad it worked.
I started using Aux3, but the only issue I had, because I occasionally use bike to bike radio, was when I was listening to music from the GPS, the music volume didn't decrease when someone called on the radio as Aux3 is for mobile phone input and has higher priority. However, one of my earpieces failed on the Autocom headset, so I replaced both earpieces with TORK Xpro speaker Elements, these give louder volume and richer sound so I was able to move back to Aux2.

Bob

Autocom SPA & Nav V

Certainly is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay I have gained access to mine and switched from aux 2 to aux 3 I will give it a try next time I get out.

Cheers guys

b3eb1f5ee4f4da706058171ee51c56f4.jpg

I just made a quick call to speaking clock. Clear as a bell. I think you’ll find a difference. I also called my wife and she said she could hear her own voice from within my helmet.

I just made a quick call to speaking clock. Clear as a bell. I think you’ll find a difference. I also called my wife and she said she could hear her own voice from within my helmet.

Sounds very promising, glad you got sorted

Okay I have gained access to mine and switched from aux 2 to aux 3 I will give it a try next time I get out.

Cheers guys

b3eb1f5ee4f4da706058171ee51c56f4.jpg

Went out on the bike today, as soon as my wife plugged her lead in she got buzzing so had to disconnect, all I got was muffled sound! So switched it back tonight

There’s something else wrong there other than just swapping a plug!

One tip, when using an autocom with multiple leads. Get yourself a bucket load of multi-coloured cable ties from Maplins. Colour code each of the male and female sockets. It makes remembering which joins with which so much easier.

Other thing is using the right autocom leads. Each jack plug has different “rings” around the inserted part of the plug. Autocom will call the “2 post or 3 post”. It does make a difference which jack plug is in use to different devices. Just look at the black rings around the silver pointy bit that pushes in to the hole

Back
Top Bottom