ECU

pitrat101

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guy's, was after a bit of advice, thinking of buying a spare ECU and getting it remapped by Hilltop and fitting it. I'm just thinking of resale of bike and the option of putting it back to standard at any time. Do other systems on the bike have to programmed into the new ECU? or can it be done with a GS-911?

Hi guy's, was after a bit of advice, thinking of buying a spare ECU and getting it remapped by Hilltop and fitting it. I'm just thinking of resale of bike and the option of putting it back to standard at any time. Do other systems on the bike have to programmed into the new ECU? or can it be done with a GS-911?
I asked hiltop and they said i could post the ecu to get it programmed with their map and post it back again to get the original map if i wasn"t happy.

All the systems instrument-chassis-ecu have a handshake. I had mine done at the BMW dealer as the gs911 does not go that deep into the system

Not going to work without a dealer. Get yours mapped and as above you can get it put back to stock if you want later. Better still ride there and get a proper map custom for your bike and not a generic one.

How much is a spare ECU?

John S

I asked about that. You would get the same map, they just measure the power before and after, no individual map.

I organise the Group Discount Dates at Hilltop. A new client saves £50. Nov 4th is full, but PM me with some suggested dates, make/model/year and I’ll book a few more days.
John S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are bothered about easily putting it back to standard you should consider the AFXiED.
Lots of information for/against on here

New Hilltop "Group Discount Date" December 9th. PM me to book with Make/Model/Year contact details and preferred time between 09:00-13:00. Saves £50 for first visit.
John S

Sending the ECU away will cost delivery both ways but with no dyno time it should be cheaper than going for the full fat remap. Again ask Hilltop.

I would suspect that when you have a new ECU programmed to your bike, it's likely the old ECU will not work any more. Handshake values will have changed, etc, etc.

Back
Top Bottom