Aux Lighting Question/Help

burnsey66

Reaction score
I want to put a set of these Denali LED lights on my GS http://www.denalielectronics.com/led-light-kits

I already have the OEM Motorrad spots, so positioning needs some thought, as I’ve no upper bars - anyway, I digress...

Does anyone know if these can be installed and operate from the OEM switch already installed, so as not to add another switch to the handlebars?

The instructions show the switch can be bypassed and the lights operate with the ignition, but I wanted the best of both worlds I suppose.

Link to instructions here: http://d1l4i7f87txqmq.cloudfront.net/denali2/pdfs/Instructions_DNL.D4.10000_rev00.pdf

As you can tell, I’m not the most technical member here :D

Thanks both.

I am seriously useless, so a pal will install and I will put all the options in front of him before pressing the ‘buy’ button.

Otherwise he will get half way through an install and moan like fook :blagblah

Thanks both.

I am seriously useless, so a pal will install and I will put all the options in front of him before pressing the ‘buy’ button.

Otherwise he will get half way through an install and moan like fook :blagblah

Just drop an email to Ian or Mike at sales@sportouring.com they where spot on with their help, and shipped fast, as you are on the wirral it will come by HMS BEEMER .:beerjug:

Cheers!

The Wirral - God no :D

I know you say you have no upper bars, I have them and just bought the brackets from sportouring for the lights, but funny how things happen, went down slowly on Thursday due to a load of corn on the country road, picked bike up just a slight scratch on the bars, best thing I put on the bike yet.:beerjug:

I know you say you have no upper bars, I have them and just bought the brackets from sportouring for the lights, but funny how things happen, went down slowly on Thursday due to a load of corn on the country road, picked bike up just a slight scratch, best thing I put on the bike yet.:beerjug:

Agree and glad all is ok!

I have lower bars and took delivery of the upper bars, but prior to having time to fit them, I had the BMW OEM spots fitted and the bracket (just under the beak) meant the bars would not fit, so were returned.

With me going for additional lights, I am now rethinking the whole set up.

I got these for my 2017 LC perfect fit and really good quality stainless steel, center strut bar is sold separately but you can see it in my order, and it is important for installation.

Item Sku Qty Subtotal
Wunderlich engine crash bar 26440-500 1 €249.00
Wunderlich Center strut crash bar BOXER 26441-205 1 €39.90
Stainless steel tank crash bar „Adventure Style“ 26450-500 1 €249.00

This is mine with the lower bars fitted. Again Wunderlich and now I have the centre strut.

As I said, I had the matching upper bars, but the light bracket wasn’t compatible and I wanted that particular bracket.

I’ve since added the entire Nippy Norman’s stock list :D

Poor pic showing spots just after install.

This is mine with the lower bars fitted. Again Wunderlich and now I have the centre strut.

As I said, I had the matching upper bars, but the light bracket wasn’t compatible and I wanted that particular bracket.

I’ve since added the entire Nippy Norman’s stock list :D

Poor pic showing spots just after install.

So looks like upper bars and light brackets and Denali canbus and wallet lighter, then job done, I reckon job is about a 6 beer scale. :beerjug:

Just to ask another question - remember I’m useless at this stuff...

If I were to buy the Denali lights to use in place of the BMW spots you can see I have - would they just ‘plug in’ in place of those - so I could use the currently installed switch etc?

When I say ‘plug in’, I don’t mean at the light end, so will have to rewire, but I mean would there be any additional gubbins at the ‘business end.

I’ve decided I only need one set and think I prefer the Denali, then would flog the BMW units.

Ignore that gibberish above, by the time I’ve bought the units only, I could have the full kit, so that’s what I’ve done, intending to replace the current ones with Denali and then see where I can locate the others, if at all.

Ignore that gibberish above, by the time I’ve bought the units only, I could have the full kit, so that’s what I’ve done, intending to replace the current ones with Denali and then see where I can locate the others, if at all.

Do you have a link to this full kit please?

And whats the colour match of the wunderlich bars to the frame?

Thanks

They are available from many outlets - I’ve used sportsbikeshop. I already have a mounting bracket.

Colour match of the bars is a perfect match.

Cheers Smog, even though that’s for an Adv :D

I’m just so thick, but with some help I’ve managed to order the light units in their own, plus the CANsmart. I’ll use the existing bracket and then decide to keep the BMW ones and put them elsewhere, or get rid.

Last edited:
Cheers Smig, even though that’s for an Adv :D

I’m just so thick, but with some help I’ve managed to order the light units in their own, plus the CANsmart. I’ll use the existing bracket and then decide to keep the BMW ones and put them elsewhere, or get rid.

They have the bracket for the GS LC also, just look at their website. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom