Riding a GS in high winds

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said, relax ... let the 'bike do the work. Don't be rigid and 'as one' with the 'bike, let it move about under you. You'll look like George Formby 'On The Limit' :D

But what the heck ...

:beerjug:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ukCc3c6RVo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don’t we all ride in 50mph + winds all of the time ? :nenau

I find it easier and more stable to increase speed not reduce it in windy conditions :nenau

Always be prepared as you pass the front of a long/tall vehicle for the wind to suddenly swipe at you. Other than that, use you whole lane on motorways and travel slower as with any adverse weather condition. Severn bridge is just a matter of traveling with caution... or alongside a tall vehicle - though these are usually prohibited during strong winds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In windy conditions, you're much safer on the new Severn Bridge because it has panels on each side to shield vehicles from wind. The road on the old bridge is high and totally exposed to the wind.

Well that depends Pablo1 how fast you ride in the first place :p but I agree better to ride faster than too slow,

It’s a tall bike and probably more susceptible to high winds than some others but best to try and relax if you can. Gut reaction is to grip tighter which is the worse thing you can do. :thumb2

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Steve

I find it easier and more stable to increase speed not reduce it in windy conditions :nenau

Me too.
Allow the bike to move about. Only steer it straight when you really have to.
The previous bike with overly soft forks was horrible in side winds. Auto lane change R us.
The GSA is so stable its me getting thrown about in the seat.

If you don't need it on your journey remove topbox if fitted, does make a difference as they act like a sail when caught by wind....

While flicking through the titles at speed, I read this as Riding A GS in High Heels - and while I realise it reflects poorly on me, it's a vision that can't be undone - ever :mmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom