Vario Pannier lids

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
One of mine is a bit naff... but can you just get the metal bit?. Stupid idea.. can you just remove them?... I've seen full lids for sale but like £90 each?.. is there another option??

what is it you need - I've got a damaged vario pannier in the garden.... metal bit is good.
One of mine is a bit naff... but can you just get the metal bit?. Stupid idea.. can you just remove them?... I've seen full lids for sale but like £90 each?.. is there another option??

its the Ali cover... its bashed and dented... also looks like something has got to the coating?... just need the Ali bit but looks like you can only buy the full lid?.. I was thinking to wrap them...? it would also give a level of protection?... If you have a lid thats good, it would be appreciated...
Will send PM.. thanks

Beaver I've got a left pannier of a 2010 TC, just had a look at it as it's in the garden, the lid has some scratches that i had forgotten about, but they were hard earned going off road with Paul Nicholls in Dent 2015 when the pannier snapped off the bike - are you after a left or right or are the lids interchangeable. The lid has the lock fitted but that is removable in a few minutes by taking out the top internal plastic strip to get at the back of the lock ad pushing the retaining tumbler back to release it. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4907.jpeg
    IMG_4907.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_4908.jpeg
    IMG_4908.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 363
Hi.. about the same as mine... but is better than the one on the top box TBH that has a huge dint in it (what happens to these thing LOL).... I think all 3 are interchangable... May be good for the box?... Wonder how you can re-finish them... as I say, would a vynal wrap work om the Ali bits.. wonder if anyone has does this?... Very poor design IMO

Yes, all 3, L&R panniers and top box lids are interchangeable. I tried wrapping mine but the double curves defeated me so I settled for doing the raised section only and they looked OK.

Well, if I can get the lid offered above (many thanks)... I'll give it a go.. ordered some dark grey carbon stuff... see how it goes... or do raised bit like you have... It can be done as I've seen some on another forum :)

Hi guys I took mine off filled and sprayed them silver wheel paint almost perfect match.
You have to get a knife and cut through the glue.
Don't slip as I ended up in a and e with half my thumb off !!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom