Numb nuts

I have a 9T Urban & think the seat has less padding (foam) than the Brown Scrambler, maybe buy the comfier seat or get yours reworked..
I did see a posting with a smaller thicker seat on here somewhere recently, possibly the Luggage post..

I had the same when I had mine. Shame as they are great bikes. There will no doubt be aftermarket seats available , I’d check them out

Weird shit......I would get rid of a bike if it did that to me.

Inevitable really, as you get older, for your balls hang each of the seat if it's skinny, wider seats keep the balls squashed in their normal pos.

I had the same when I had mine. Shame as they are great bikes. There will no doubt be aftermarket seats available , I’d check them out

We are both tall as well - maybe its the riding position it forces you into - oh well.....

Get one of them rings for sitting on with piles

7d64e76473855bf9b72361e24ce6de7c.png

Meanwhile back on Planet Sensible, padded cycling shorts could help. I’m no medic but anything that causes that degree of numbness should be sorted.

I reckon Dr. Bendy has got it right - also known as Alcock canal syndrome & often experienced by pro cyclists.

Get it checked out, as nerve damage/stretch down there can cause other problems around the area of the perineum.

You probably need a hyster....... sorry ......vasectomy to overcome the problem :D

I get it too on longer runs (100+ miles).

I have a Wilbers rear shock waiting to get fitted and I am hoping that may go some way to alleviating the issue. Failing that, it will be a Corbin seat for me :thumb2

Clearly many of you have not taken the time to read Dr. Bendy's link regarding the Pudendal Nerve.

Apart from the graphics shown there, which highlight the nerve passages that help explain the numbness, perhaps the most pertinent passage is : -

Damage

The pudendal nerve can be compressed or stretched, resulting in temporary or permanent neuropathy. Irreversible nerve injury may occur when nerves are stretched by 12% or more of their normal length.[6]:655 If the pelvic floor is over-stretched, acutely (e.g. prolonged or difficult childbirth) or chronically (e.g. chronic straining during defecation caused by constipation), the pudendal nerve is vulnerable to stretch-induced neuropathy.[6]:655 Pudendal nerve entrapment, also known as Alcock canal syndrome, is very rare and is associated with professional cycling.[18] Systemic diseases such as diabetes and multiple sclerosis can damage the pudendal nerve via demyelination or other mechanisms.[6]:37 A pelvic tumor (most notably a large sacrococcygeal teratoma), or surgery to remove the tumor, can also cause permanent damage.[19]

Unilateral pudendal nerve neuropathy inconsistently causes fecal incontinence in some, but not others. This is because crossover innervation of the external anal sphincter occurs in some individuals.[6]:34

Essentially then, unless a once only issue like busting your crutch on the crossbar of a bike, this syndrome can be a pre-cursor to other health issues & frankly shouldn't be happening just by sitting down on your fat butt. Not something to be ignored IMHO, but it's your life.....your call.

Alternatively you could just be squashing yer ball sack/perinium and restricting the blood flow, causing pins and needles.

What a bunch of old women :D

Andres

Back
Top Bottom