1000PS test new GS

I wasn't expecting to see a hotel that I've stayed at, as I've only been to Austria twice!

The hotel that the guys are stood outside of, when talking about the bikes, is the Schloss Fuschl, which is to the west of Salzburg, Austria.

I took my wife there for a week when we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, nine years ago, very expensive but a superb hotel & Spa.

I got my knee, hips, arms and face down a few weeks ago.

Sent from a U11

That looks about 1" away from digging into the tarmac, and spitting you off.:eek:

I'll stick to riding like a fanny.:D

That 1" will take a lot more lean to use up and then the pegs fold then you can jack up the suspension and then you fall off.

Cool, often wondered if the GS was a kneedown bike? all answered now! Only managed on two bikes over the years despite lots of trying. I know its my body position as regular toe sliders and pegs down, even on the GS. I'm old, stiff and non flexible!
As to having the bike right over AND knee down, well the whole idea is to increase corner speed, reduce stress on tyres. Racers would just stay tucked in if there were no benefits. Get a bit bored with all the utter shite about not using all of the tyre. If road surface is good and the riding is smooth its a non issue.

Well, I think I’m a pretty tame rider so don’t lean over bike anymore as I’ve had Gs’s of Some sort or another for last 10 years, but I can concur my 17 plate Rallye can fold the pegs up & kick my boot back whilst still staying on the bike, (surprised me a bit tho)
This is on Michelin Anakee tyres but no panniers only a loaded top box.. I’m sure it would be safer to lean off the bike & reduce the bikes angle.. Soz no piccys I was too busy having a great ride..

So the next evolution following the knee down saga (Bruce aka Teapotone has a great knee down photo at Brands) must be:

How many are dangling the leg when breaking....?

How many are dangling the leg when breaking....?

Not yet. But more off-roading and rear wheel sliding will most likely bring out the dangling leg phase.

Back
Top Bottom