1000PS test new GS

I'm curious about the fact that one or two of them like to hang of the GS on corners. I used to do this a bit years ago on my thundercat and VFR but have never felt the need on a GS. Can anyone confirm or deny that it has any effect or is it just that the riders do habitually as they normally ride sports bikes?

I'm curious about the fact that one or two of them like to hang of the GS on corners. I used to do this a bit years ago on my thundercat and VFR but have never felt the need on a GS. Can anyone confirm or deny that it has any effect or is it just that the riders do habitually as they normally ride sports bikes?

I've hung off my GSA on occasions (as I'm used to riding sports bikes).... usually when my mates are following (watching) as it makes them laugh.

Just pissing about usually. I don't normally do it, as no need. But it can be done :thumb

Just have to remember sometimes I'm wearing Kevlar Jeans and no sliders !! Doh...

But I am restricted to a 50 year old body with an 18 year old brain.

I hang off mine as well and I guess it's just habit from riding sportbikes for so long.

It's funny really as I apply a lot of different disciplines to my GSA

Sat Down - Counter Steering hanging off into the corner on fast tight corners

Sat Down - Power Steering leaning away from slow tight corners (great in slippy or wet)

Stood Up - Balance control for off-road and road bumps

Moving around all over the place :augie

Thanks warlord and Fred. I too use techniques in the wet like you describe warlord as I believe it improves grip.
Don't get me wrong if confirmed that hanging off a la Wayne Rainey improved cornering on a GS I would be all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake however I suspect it's more for show.

My 50 year old body loves a challenge :rob

I often do.. 😉

Attachments

• GS1200LC TRACK (2)-1888x1600.jpg
    GS1200LC TRACK (2)-1888x1600.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 681
I often do.. ��

Yeah... (I'm gonna get slammed here)....

But in my opinion, in your above picture you're doing it wrong.

Leaning off is designed to reduce the lean angle of your bike so you have more traction, stability and faster corner exit. So your body should have a greater lean angle than the bike itself.

In your picture above, you're making the bike do all the work and asking it to do more than you (lean angle of bike is greater than your body). Your head should be down by your mirror, not in the middle of the bike.

I've always had the opinion, and I could be wrong, but when it comes to lean angles, don't ever ask your bike to lean over more than you're prepared to do yourself.

Yeah... (I'm gonna get slammed here)....

But in my opinion, in your above picture you're doing it wrong.

Leaning off is designed to reduce the lean angle of your bike so you have more traction, stability and faster corner exit. So your body should have a greater lean angle than the bike itself.

In your picture above, you're making the bike do all the work and asking it to do more than you (lean angle of bike is greater than your body). Your head should be down by your mirror, not in the middle of the bike.

I've always had the opinion, and I could be wrong, but when it comes to lean angles, don't ever ask your bike to lean over more than you're prepared to do yourself.

Cheers for the advice, Valentino.. 🙄

Here's a picture of me on track (doing it wrong, as it happens) few years ago..

I couldn't understand in the early days, why I couldn't get my knee down even though the bike lean angle was at high levels.

It was all down to body positioning (or the lack of it). In fact, the bike lean angle can be reduced a lot, and still get your knee down.

Once I started moving across the seat and getting my head right down over by the mirror, and my confidence, speed and throttle position sorted. It all happened quickly... never looked back.

But if you lean your bike over more than you are prepared to lean over yourself, you could run the risk of grounding the bike and low-siding it.

Just saying :augie

Attachments

• Warlord Track.jpg
    Warlord Track.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 653
Cheers for the advice, Valentino.. ��

Yeah well I've just posted a picture of me doing it wrong as well. So if you don't want to hear it, carry on...

Yeah well I've just posted a picture of me doing it wrong as well. So if you don't want to hear it, carry on...

But I've got my knee down, so I'm, factually, much faster and cooler....

😂

But I've got my knee down, so I'm, factually, much faster and cooler....

��

jojitsu 1, Warlord 0

I'll get an updated pic done on my GSA.... back shortly ;)

Back in the day.
I can't hang off a GS as my arms are too short otherwise I would.

Attachments

• R6 Cadwell.jpg
    R6 Cadwell.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 377

Back
Top Bottom