Basecamp Issue - split screen

mw3230

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with Basecamp on my MacBook Air (High Sierra v10.13). The problem arrived after I had update to High Sierra

The attached screenshots show the issue - essentially the display is shown as a split screen. None of the options on the menu has any effect and it is not possible to 'grab' the line between the screens and enlarge one, closing the other

I've uninstalled and re-installed Basecamp on two occasions but each time the split screen appears

I've been in touch with Garmin and they say that they have no idea what is causing the issue and suggest I get in touch with Apple. I thought that I would seek advice form Gsers in the meantime

I'd be grateful for any suggestion to remedy this problem which has served to make using Basecamp all the more difficult

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2fgnpt35qoc24f/Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 16.41.21.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cthxjnlypjygyd/Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 16.40.57.png?dl=0

When you deleted BaseCamp did you empty the trash before reinstalling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s clear that Garmin expect users to do their testing. Otherwise they would have a solution.

Since originally posting I've been in contact with the Apple help desk and at their suggestion tried a 'safe restart'. The issue was still apparent after that so, again as advised by Apple, I've reinstalled High Sierra and then reinstalled Basecamp (after making sure to empty the Trash). Hours later ....

Disappointing, the split screen effect is still there and won't change no matter what options I try to select from the drop down 'View' menu

Annoying!

Try clicking the binocular symbol in the bottom right corner. Does this replace panael 2 with a search box or do you now get three panels.
Is your basecamp downloaded from the app store or from Garmin. Current wisdom says app store bad, Garmin good.

Just had a quick look at my Basecamp running on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.12.6

I can replicate the same effect by going to "View" in the top toolbar and selecting "View both 2D and 3D Maps". If I then click on 'View 2D maps only" I get the one map back, rather than the split screen

Hurrah - I have solved the problem by selecting 'restore default settings' from the preferences menu. I wonder why the Garmin help desk didn't suggest that

For some bizarre reason my Mac suddenly started to show the 2D and 3D views in a split screen, something I have never used at all. It also started to default to the basic base map, too. I think I have fixed it following the advice in post 8 above.

Back
Top Bottom