Headlight Adjustment

mitch9

Reaction score
Hi My 1150rt 03 has just failed mot due to to low headlight adjustment. The guy has turned the headlight adjustment knob with no success and reckons it's broke so failed it .
Is it likely to be a broken cable and i need to take fairing off to replace or maybe adjust headlight manually if possible .
Thanks

Take the knob off and look at the locking nut on the dash. Mine had been wound out to the extent that the top had been broken off.

If you stand on the right side and turn the knob you can see the adjuster on the back of the light move.

I've left the bike at mot place overnight as hoped it would be a quick fix that I could show him it's working in the morning . It did feel very loose and felt like nothing was happening.

I need to go back this morning to pick bike up so there is a good chance I can remove the knob which might be broken and still adjust without moving any fairing bits ?
Thanks fink

Yes knob is attached by a screw. You can see the adjuster the back of the headlight

Attachments

• R1150rt light adjuster.jpg
    R1150rt light adjuster.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 301
Went back this morning and looked where you suggested right hand side . Adjusted it from there in minutes and MOT guy was happy . Bike back home and ready for a ride out tomorrow Cheers

Back
Top Bottom