Nav 6 control issue

snaponphil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Rode back 80 miles late last night, ‘‘twas cold & dark, sat Nav seemed to have a mind of its own, it set to destination ok but seemed to be getting spurious commands & a mind of its own..

Anyone any ideas.?

Tell it to sod off and stick to your designed route , if it wanted to take you on a different one . Pretty sure you can turn off alternative directions on the menu.

Cleaned pins on the mounting, it’s not turning on/off correctly, it’s strange, it’s reloaded maps & when I’ve got a bit of spare time I’ll take it for another run..

Have had to have mine replaced. Touch screen stopped working completely. Could still use the wheel to toggle through the functions but unable to select anything from the screen. Attempts to perform a factory reset were unsuccessful as well due to the screen not recognising thumb pressure .

The Nav 6 fanboys will be along shortly to claim “user error” :rolleyes:

nah we will just live in our smug superior world, knowing we have our elite branded kit. This by default raises us above those council folk without.

I have one. But it’s shit.

Nav 5, not Nav 6 but same cradle. Twice now mine has played up and it has been water ingress in the cradle. First was after it was jet washed post service and the second when I left it outside in really horedous driving rain. Easily taken apart and cleaned. Just make sure you put some sticky tape on the back of it to hold the sunken nuts in place. If they drop out, they can be buggers to find.

My Nav6 behaved like that the other day, it was like it was getting repeated finger input in a particular spot on the screen, meaning the map was scrolling all the time and stuff... Removed the GPS, cleaned the contacts AND the screen, and the issue disapeared. There was no apparent smudge or stain on the screen but the phantom pressure point seemed to be rather stable so... dunno.

My Nav6 behaved like that the other day, it was like it was getting repeated finger input in a particular spot on the screen, meaning the map was scrolling all the time and stuff... Removed the GPS, cleaned the contacts AND the screen, and the issue disapeared. There was no apparent smudge or stain on the screen but the phantom pressure point seemed to be rather stable so... dunno.

That’s similar symptoms, I’ll try it on another mount, I’ve cleaned it & contacts..
Thanks guys

That’s similar symptoms, I’ll try it on another mount, I’ve cleaned it & contacts..
Thanks guys

I get the same problem intermittently but it occurs on both my GSA and S1000XR so whilst it might only occur when it's in the cradle I don't think it's caused by a problem with the cradle per se.

Sorry to hear of your problems Phil but good to hear you’re out and about now after being so poorly and busy.

Try resetting the device via the Garmin account you have. The data might be needing pushed from the Garmin side.

Jim

Sorry to hear of your problems Phil but good to hear you’re out and about now after being so poorly and busy.

Try resetting the device via the Garmin account you have. The data might be needing pushed from the Garmin side.

Jim

Thanks, tried plugging it in to laptop, updates completed (must have lost software from previous update) seems better but not completed a run yet..

Run completed, first 70 miles seemed to work but lost Bluetooth connection..
next 70 miles to home back to spurious operation, mind of its own
Called dealers, let’s see how good they are, I’m sure it’ll be something I’ve done (my ass)

I had this problem and it finally went really bonkers scrolling through screens on its own coincidentally on the way to get my bike serviced. They tested it and contacted Garmin, who have to give approval for replacement, not BMW. They gave the OK after the dealer tried the removal of battery reset which did not work.

Rode away with a brand new one.

Seems like it could possibly be a batch issue if so many are having the same problems.

Back
Top Bottom