Extra Ethernet Ports?

Gordyman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a BT smart hub. It has 4 Ethernet ports which are all in use. My problem is that I need one more port. Is there any way that I can add a port (eg an adapter of some sort)? Or is it not possible in any way?
Any help and advice will be much appreciated as always. :thumb2
Thank you.

A network switch will do the job, just use a patch cable, unplug a cable, patch between the now spare port and the switch, then plug your devices into the switch.

A netgear 8 port Gigabiye switch can be picked up on Amazon for around £20 and of course there are tons of cheaper options mate.

In fact I may have a spare 5 port netgear which you can have for the postage cost, I’ll check late on tonight when I get back home from work in Somerset.

Don't be tempted by the cheap 'splitters' on ebay/Amazon. You can only use one 'way' at a time.
As has been said - you need a switch.

Oh - I see Fluffy has offered you a freebie.
Dashed nice of him.....that'll sort you out.

85e620b5a15c26a0ddaaab3c56e0e790.jpg

There you go, hot off the press, just cover the postage costs and you can have it.

Hi All
Sorry for late reply from me. Thanks for your advice. Big thanks to you Mr Flufmeister. Pm me your details and postage costs and I will PPal you to cover cost and a wee drink too for your kind offer mate. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom