New Z900RS

Had a look at one today in j&s ,it looks very good but the seat looked too short.
Would be a bit cramped for two ,think the original z900 was a bit longer .the price of the new model is around the same as the original z900 ‘s are going for .I Think if you bought the old model the handling would scare the shit out off you .

Had a look at one today in j&s ,it looks very good but the seat looked too short.
Would be a bit cramped for two ,think the original z900 was a bit longer .the price of the new model is around the same as the original z900 ‘s are going for .I Think if you bought the old model the handling would scare the shit out off you .

I've had the old one; and the handling and lack of ground clearance ( plus a lot of fuckwitery on my part :D) put me into a telephone box one night. I'm more than sure the new one will handle better :D:beerjug:

Well what can I say apart from; gutted; we wanted to like this bike so much. We managed to take one out for a test ride the other day; and we both couldn't hide our disappointment. The bike is stunning ; looks fantastic; and really well finished; it's everything we wanted; but it's 2 small. As soon as we were moving I could tell; her wasn't comfortable; or me ; she was sat really close, her helmet almost touching mine, and absolutely no wriggle room whatsoever; and to top it all; she was worried about her arse looking to big for a little bike; I tried to reasure her ; people will get used to it;:D. But that nearly ended with me loosing teeth. We did'nt have to go far, and to be honest the weather was shite; but no amount of sunshine will make the bike physically larger. Like i said gutted. For just me the bike would have been fantastic, and i hope i hav'nt put anyone off who may be thinking about getting one. My bike is'nt in yet and i still have a D on one, but it looks like i may have to shop else where.

Well what can I say apart from; gutted; we wanted to like this bike so much. We managed to take one out for a test ride the other day; and we both couldn't hide our disappointment. The bike is stunning ; looks fantastic; and really well finished; it's everything we wanted; but it's 2 small. As soon as we were moving I could tell; her wasn't comfortable; or me ; she was sat really close, her helmet almost touching mine, and absolutely no wriggle room whatsoever; and to top it all; she was worried about her arse looking to big for a little bike; I tried to reasure her ; people will get used to it;:D. But that nearly ended with me loosing teeth. We did'nt have to go far, and to be honest the weather was shite; but no amount of sunshine will make the bike physically larger. Like i said gutted. For just me the bike would have been fantastic, and i hope i hav'nt put anyone off who may be thinking about getting one. My bike is'nt in yet and i still have a D on one, but it looks like i may have to shop else where.

Keep your old behemoth for 2 up riding and tell the wife that the new bike is your middle aged crisis symbol and it’s far better you do that than blow the money snorting coke off a whores tits.

Don’t tell her that was my suggestion or she’ll hunt me down and kill me :D

It’s definitely smaller in statue compared to the original Z1 and IMHO, too small for regular pillion carrying, unless the pillion is petite. I’m looking at it as a second bike for sunny warm days, so that’ll keep the miles down. :D

Proper 'retro' then and how most bikes used to be ie small and not brilliant for two up (although we used to persevere as we knew no different). We've been spoilt I guess by the larger, modern bikes.

A shame though Snelly, it was obvious on here just how much you wanted one..................

Andres

Keep your old behemoth for 2 up riding and tell the wife that the new bike is your middle aged crisis symbol and it’s far better you do that than blow the money snorting coke off a whores tits.

Don’t tell her that was my suggestion or she’ll hunt me down and kill me :D

The old mothership still has plenty of fire in her belly; and the big mileage motorway runs are it's ace card. But the 900 was for a different reason. She hates my old GS ; although I love it; she just doesn't get the attraction; it's old ; slow; clunky; too hard for her to climb on and off; and in all fairness; she did break her back a few years ago; the cheeky cow also says I potter around on it like an old gimmer and she doesn't feel safe ; fuck me; big numbers on the autobahns; and she loves it; take my time riding round sniffing the flowers; and she feels vulnerable :blast. The 900 was for us both to get out at the weekend; and the GS would be just for me. Like i said the 9 is a lovely piece of kit; but too small for the pair of us.:beerjug:

It’s definitely smaller in statue compared to the original Z1 and IMHO, too small for regular pillion carrying, unless the pillion is petite. I’m looking at it as a second bike for sunny warm days, so that’ll keep the miles down. :D

Just for yourself as Sunday best; it will be hard to beat. The engine has bags of pull ; in fact; one gear would do; fuckin tremendous it is. Take a ride on one; you won't be disappointed. :beerjug:

The old mothership still has plenty of fire in her belly; and the big mileage motorway runs are it's ace card. But the 900 was for a different reason. She hates my old GS ; although I love it; she just doesn't get the attraction; it's old ; slow; clunky; too hard for her to climb on and off; and in all fairness; she did break her back a few years ago; the cheeky cow also says I potter around on it like an old gimmer and she doesn't feel safe ; fuck me; big numbers on the autobahns; and she loves it; take my time riding round sniffing the flowers; and she feels vulnerable :blast. The 900 was for us both to get out at the weekend; and the GS would be just for me. Like i said the 9 is a lovely piece of kit; but too small for the pair of us.:beerjug:

That’s a shame because you were totally smitten when you first tried the bike.

Not to worry, the internet is your friend and Tinder could come to the rescue :D

Proper 'retro' then and how most bikes used to be ie small and not brilliant for two up (although we used to persevere as we knew no different). We've been spoilt I guess by the larger, modern bikes.

A shame though Snelly, it was obvious on here just how much you wanted one..................

Andres

Your kidding we've been spoilt; the 900 is everything you would have wanted in the day; and it could have been this time if they had made it just a little larger; for one , no problem; but as I've said; I have a great one up bike for me, in my old GS 1100. I have a plan B lined up; so all is not lost yet. Just got to dig a hole for her.:D:beerjug:

your bollocks did look a little squashed into the tank.......

your bollocks did look a little squashed into the tank.......

It was tight in the shop; but she said it would be ok. I was prepared to give it a try before I fully commited; with a test ride; but once the helmets were on; and we were rolling; I could feel there was something she was uncomfortable with; We both really loved the bike ; but it needs to be more than that for a decent ride. Like i say, mines not in for a while; and we will give the demo bike another rip when we have some decent weather; but I feel not much will change. There are not many things in my life That's a must have; and plans are already forming; just have to suck it up ; and move on.:beerjug:

Contemplating

Selling my Thruxton R as I just don’t get on with riding position... think this could be a good replacement

I’ve no concerns on pillion as SWMBO rides her own bike :thumb2

Anyone bought one yet ?

Attachments

• 7FB0CCA0-6964-417D-8194-EAFFF67E62EB.jpg
    7FB0CCA0-6964-417D-8194-EAFFF67E62EB.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 817
Yep Bought the Cafe. Its ace. So smooth and much more confire than the Thruxton.

Try - you won't regret it

It was the confire that attracted me - its comfy too which is a bonus

The finish is superb, quality welds, super smooth and sounds for a stock can awesome. Handles, stops and goes all as it should as well. Quality bit of kit.

The cigartette lighter socket under the seat is quaint but I guess they done have usb in Japan yet.

Because they've been there and done it...I like the new version but it's not a bike I would buy.

Changed my mind, looking for a nice s/h Z900rs cafe now :beerjug: Any further feedback would be appreciated.

Want it to keep my other green meanie company ! ( Pic last Tuesday ) :D

Attachments

• IMG_1206.jpg
    IMG_1206.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 564

Back
Top Bottom