Recommend me a 4 Season Jacket

what about the good old twat jacket,had mine for years and its great.i might look like a twat but I'm a warm and dry twat.

The Klim Traverse jacket gets good recommendations on this forum, just layer underneath it to suit the conditions.

If I was year round riding in the UK then I'd have one with a Keis or Gerbing heated vest for the winter.

The latest version has pockets for armour (not supplied) and good ventilation for the odd hot day in the UK.

Klim Traverse Jacket £385
D30 Armour £100 ish
Keis Heated vest £120

Total £605 ish.

Job's a good'un!! :thumby:

This is exactly my set up. After over 30 years of biking, I feel as though I have cracked the whole clothing thing. Completely waterproof, T shirt in the summer, layers or heated jacket (or both) in the winter.

I couldn't recommend this set up highly enough ..

The Klim Traverse jacket...

The latest version has pockets for armour (not supplied)...

Klim Traverse Jacket £385
D30 Armour £100 ish

I'm surprised as my Klim Blade came at £299 with full D30 armour. I know the rrp was the the same as those 2 figures added together, but odd some should come with armour and some without.

I'm surprised as my Klim Blade came at £299 with full D30 armour. I know the rrp was the the same as those 2 figures added together, but odd some should come with armour and some without.

Jackets without a back protector are welcome IMV, as long as they have a pocket to take a generic one. Back protectors do not tend to wear out like a jacket. I have 3x EN1621 back protectors. 2 are from Hein Gericke Cruise jackets, the other is a D30 Air one I bought for my Airider jacket. I think I have enough back protectors to last my riding for life. I only bought the D30 Air job as it has better ventilation, but the HG one would fit.

I'm quite happy to pay for the elbow & shoulder armour as it is more fiddly to get in or out - I ignore advice to remove it when washing a jacket - a 30C wash won't hurt it as it gets warmer than that when I wear it.

Does the Prime not have Halvarssons "nanosphere" coating??

Sent from a U11

+1 for Halvarssons. If it’s good enough for Sweden...

Thomas, tried reaching out to you directly but didn’t get a response so not sure if your receiving it or if your busy. Give me a shout if your still interested in Jacket. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackets without a back protector are welcome IMV, as long as they have a pocket to take a generic one. Back protectors do not tend to wear out like a jacket. I have 3x EN1621 back protectors. 2 are from Hein Gericke Cruise jackets, the other is a D30 Air one I bought for my Airider jacket. I think I have enough back protectors to last my riding for life. I only bought the D30 Air job as it has better ventilation, but the HG one would fit.

I'm quite happy to pay for the elbow & shoulder armour as it is more fiddly to get in or out - I ignore advice to remove it when washing a jacket - a 30C wash won't hurt it as it gets warmer than that when I wear it.

I completely see your reasoning there (although sods law dictates that none of my back protectors fit any other jacket I own). My point was more one that both our Klim jackets are similarly priced once D30 armour was factored in to both totals, but mine came with D30 as standard and yours required you to add your own D30 to arrive at that similar price. I'd get it for items at very different price points or aimed at very different markets, or of course from different manufacturers, but it this difference seems a bit odd to me. No biggie - we knew what we were getting and it sounds like they're both very good jackets.

The Traverse jacket was aimed at the Enduro rider market, they obviously wear their armour with an overshirt etc, and just use the Traverse as weather protection.

Video review of the latest version below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnZu3aXc5zQ

Does the Prime not have Halvarssons "nanosphere" coating??

Sent from a U11

I don’t know but they certainly hold water unless you spray them. You stay dry no matter what but if you’re away from home having to hang a jacket up to let the water drain is a pain in the arse, especially if you’re camping.

I have a Halvarssons Odyssey jacket, it's a laminate membrane with that Nanosphere coating (probably some sort of PTFE) and the water just falls of it.

Sent from a U11

Aerostich Darien: if it's good enough for Ted Simon...

Had mine 12 years it's absolutely superb!

Younger, your budget is plenty for the new 3 layer jackets.

As Redrick says .. maybe add in a £80 electric vest for winter.

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...09nn2tUYb-ZS2YDuDCYqEvm-holLS7fBoCMtwQAvD_BwE

http://amzn.to/2ssbfac

and for just £150 , an Alpinestar;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpinestar...fa-21&linkId=cfa9d53f6b952a071fd95909bde02d40

Spend £250 and you could get this trusted brand;
https://www.hein-gericke-outlet.com...damargu-stx-performance-jacket-grey-blue.html
Not me looking!

I think the OP was budgeting for a complete suit for the 600......unless I've read it wrong.

Sent from a U11

Out of your price range ? Infinity Motorcycles were doing 0% APR interest free on their Rukka kit ... they may still be doing it .. worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom