2018 model

peepingtom

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Launch date 6th November with bigger tank , white frame , one piece seat, and original paintwork

86f3c5cc4ddcbc88d65ae6dda1ad4890.jpg

87a2b29fa3cd940f92ef0090dc6000fa.jpg
d945ee2ce1c9cbdd14d8fc72559e43f7.jpg
8d1170c5232d328ea15c6d77021400b2.jpg

See anything else? Different rack?

Nice.

Prefer my two piece seat.

Will it be £9k ?

If it is it better not be 0% :D

I’m guessing the price will be the same more or less

It’s not a lot different but there’s probably subtle changes we don’t know about. That tank doesn’t look that much bigger maybe a gallon? There must be enough demand for an aftermarket tank by acerbis or someone for a 300 mile range ?

Bigger bash plate on it too

But will it have cruise control?!

Will it be £9k ?

£7k
0% Finance
£5,500 deposit paid by Honda
Free Servicing for 10 years
Free Off-Road training voucher for Levels 1, 2 and 3
Free tyres and fuel

..... but I just woke up so could have been dreaming....

.....There must be enough demand for an aftermarket tank by acerbis or someone for a 300 mile range ?

Camel Adv do a large capacity fuel tank extender kit. Its located on left hand rear behind luggage rack... with fuel lines and auto switch across when your main tank runs dry.

But in my opinion, looks vulnerable to failure if fuel lines are snagged or hit hard.

Wouldn't it just be better to have a sealed removable container to fill up your main tank and not have extra pipework and failure points?

It’s not something that will bother me that much as it’s close to 200 mile range anyway and most of the time it won’t be and issue. I’ve never been a big fan of cans etc fitted to the bike even rotopax things. But then I’ve never attempted the Sahara or gobi desert . Some of the rally rear tanks for ktms look good .

£7k
0% Finance
£5,500 deposit paid by Honda
Free Servicing for 10 years
Free Off-Road training voucher for Levels 1, 2 and 3
Free tyres and fuel

I went after Honda on the subject of £9k AT's on 0%, the long awaited response was they have no control over dealers who wish to discount their products, yeah right so Honda did not sanction selling 60 AT's @ £9k . Feckin wankers, good luck to those that got one but us that paid full price leaves a nasty taste. Had 4 Hondas till they pulled this stunt , only one now the AT which I cannot sell without loosing £4k :mad: At lease KTM gave their SD SE customers a £500 voucher when they did it :thumb2

I went after Honda on the subject of £9k AT's on 0%, the long awaited response was they have no control over dealers who wish to discount their products, yeah right so Honda did not sanction selling 60 AT's @ £9k . Feckin wankers, good luck to those that got one but us that paid full price leaves a nasty taste. Had 4 Hondas till they pulled this stunt , only one now the AT which I cannot sell without loosing £4k :mad: At lease KTM gave their SD SE customers a £500 voucher when they did it :thumb2

They pulled exactly the same stunt in 2011-2012 with their VFR1200 DCT model.

I'd just paid £11k for my 2012 model VFR1200F manual and they suddenly dropped the price on DCT models to around £9k

People were spitting blood at the time.

yeah right so Honda did not sanction selling 60 AT's @ £9k . Feckin wankers, good luck to those that got one but us that paid full price leaves a nasty taste. :thumb2

It's worse than that, I heard it was 150!

That's pretty much a quarter of what they sell a year all coming back to Honda, in 3 years, at the end of the biking season, all in DCT. I can't imagine they'll be worth the agreed £6,300 final value with 12k miles on them but here's hoping!

Phil

It's worse than that, I heard it was 150!

No, it was a lot more than that.

I missed the initial 'September 2017 Only' deal with the original Dealer (as they'd run out of stock allocation) who were punting the £70pcm PCP, 0% Finance, £3,200 deposit paid by Dealer.

So I called another Honda Dealer who'd already had multiple enquiries, so their Sales Director had authorised them to match it. So other dealers were almost forced into this frenzy as well, and I'd heard quite a few other dealers doing this.

That means a lot more Africa Twins coming back in September 2020 on PCP Terms (not mine though) as I'll be keeping it most likely.

If you were in it and could move quickly for a new Africa Twin in September 2017, this was a really good deal (in my opinion).

One of my mates would have snapped this deal up if he'd have known about it in time. I only found out about it on here a couple of days before the end of September myself... so had to act quickly

I heard Doble's jumped on the bandwagon but no idea how many they sold.

Mine is red :)

Does look nice, with the new display as well :)

Back
Top Bottom