Service Repair manual 1981 R 80 G/S?

Search for Carl salter free manuals he has various to download
As far as I recall there is no specific G/S manual but it's basically just a post twin shock airhead (With three rear wheel bolts instead of four)

I have one which covers R80 monoshocks, there were probably supplements issued to cover G/S and G/S PD when they came on the market.
Cant recall ever seeing anything in it that a home mechanic can do that isn't in Haynes - his manuals are usually a rewrite of the factory manual anyway.
I have a few data, or spec sheets, which have more on them than either the factory manual, Haynes or Clymer, cant remember where I found them!

G/S manual

I've got one

Attachments

• WP_20171026_17_50_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171026_17_50_52_Pro.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 300
Just looked at the final drive section in the linked manual, as this section was revised a few times, but it appears to be incomplete, some of the sections which were revised are simply omitted.
Common problem with factory manuals, as they were generally loose leaf, so that any revisions, technical bulletins , supplements,etc could be inserted as they became available.
The manual as issued grew and changed from year to year.
So a unrevised version of an 1982 manual might be a lot different to the one issued in 1986.
These revisions, etc, were usually for items which were causing problems in service so the original manual may be light just where it is needed the most, and with the final drive section at least this is the case with this one.

The trouble with that book is you have to destroy it to copy it. The pages are only A5 and they are bound. To scan it you either have to take all the pages out or break the back of the book to scan pages individually.

Back
Top Bottom