My Africa Twin

Serviced at 604 miles.

So now I can take it out for some trail riding. Booked out with my mates on Nov 11th.

Fitted the black rear brake lever as well, to finish it off. :thumb

Oh... and a subtle difference, which I think looks cool. I had the upper part of the exhaust muffler powder-coated Matt Black, and the lower underbelly of the exhaust muffler powder-coated Satin Black. For a subtle shade and texture difference. You can see it in this picture quite nicely.

On a sunny day it stands out better.

Attachments

• Brake1.jpg
    Brake1.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 357
Serviced at 604 miles.

So now I can take it out for some trail riding. Booked out with my mates on Nov 11th.

Fitted the black rear brake lever as well, to finish it off. :thumb

That Bike looks stunning!! Mines in for first Service Tomorrow, What did yours cost?

Oh... and a subtle difference, which I think looks cool. I had the upper part of the exhaust muffler powder-coated Matt Black, and the lower underbelly of the exhaust muffler powder-coated Satin Black. For a subtle shade and texture difference. You can see it in this picture quite nicely.

On a sunny day it stands out better.

You’ll be their best customer once you’ve dropped it a couple of times off-road!:D

Tyres look great. Still deciding on which to go for myself.

Looking great - is not the first quality one would normally look for, in a tyre...........

The bike? Exhaust and the scaffolding around the front - looks shonky. Sorry, it's "Halfords Special". :rob

But hey - That's why they make chocolate AND vanilla.

Al

You’ll be their best customer once you’ve dropped it a couple of times off-road!:D

Got this exhaust painted, and my GSA exhaust painted, with all the little bits for £30 cash. 5 miles up the road, no postage needed.

Cheap as chips

WHEN I drop and scratch it, I'll just patch it up with hammerite black. When it gets really patchy, it'll look like camo

Some Pictures

Was out riding yesterday and today.

Yesterday was in the dry and I covered 220 miles.

Today was in the Wet and I covered around 100 miles.

In both scenario's the new Metzeler Karoo 3 tyres were really good. I gave them a good blast in the dry and I almost forgot they were 50/50 tyres and was really enjoying the bike. In the wet, they are very good as well. :thumb2

Anyways, some pics

Attachments

• HAT1.jpg
    HAT1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 332
  • HAT2.jpg
    HAT2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 337
  • HAT3.jpg
    HAT3.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 350
  • HAT4.jpg
    HAT4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 352
More Pictures

I really enjoy riding this bike. I'd never have known how good it was if I hadn't have read about the super deal in September.

Very glad I came across this machine. Very good. :cool:

Attachments

• HAT5.jpg
    HAT5.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 332
  • HAT6.jpg
    HAT6.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 348
  • HAT7.jpg
    HAT7.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 347
Go and get it dirty!:rob

Now it's had the 600 mile service. It's booked in on Saturday for some off-roading.

So providing biker mates turn up, it's happening.

Can't wait :D

Got some more bits and pieces.

The standard footpegs on the Africa Twin are small. But if you start looking at aftermarket footpegs, they are expensive.

But I'd read online there was an alternative. So I bought these... Much bigger, and they fit.

Not the best quality, but at least they fit and do the job.... for £14.99 delivered. Not as big as the BMW GSA pegs, but not far off.

Not tried them yet, but if they are shit, I've lost £15 and put the original back on... worth a punt..

Attachments

• Pegs1.jpg
    Pegs1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Pegs2.jpg
    Pegs2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 273
  • Pegs3.jpg
    Pegs3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 314
Then wanted somewhere to store my Pragmasis D-Lock security, and under the seat fits perfectly. Quick Job Done. :aidan

Attachments

• D Lock1.jpg
    D Lock1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 265
Then I wanted a couple of storage bags for my off-road recovery kit.

Tyre levers, assortment of ratchets, sockets, spanners, puncture repair kit, tyre fitting tool, trail stand, cable ties, pliers, 20' tow strap etc etc etc...

So I chose the Kriega OS-6 bags which are soft waterproof luggage and fit onto the crash bars.

Everything fitted so very happy with these

Attachments

• Kriega1.jpg
    Kriega1.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 319
  • Kriega2.jpg
    Kriega2.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 311
  • Kriega3.jpg
    Kriega3.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Kriega4.jpg
    Kriega4.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 269
Looks cool but surely they will just rip off if you have a spill?

Looks cool but surely they will just rip off if you have a spill?

I was thinking exactly the same thing when fitting them. But until that happens, they look cool :)

I'll report back once its slid down the trail at high speed, see what's left of them :D

Most of the trail crashes I've had so far have been static topple-overs. So no high speed stuff, just stupid loss of balance and fatigue mistakes.

We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom