My Africa Twin

Anyways, the more shite I bolt onto the bike to prepare it for off-road, the heavier it's getting to make it not suitable for off-road :blast

Probably just end up a Chelsea Tractor and Starbucks posing bike :barf Never to see mud or dirt ever.

Seems a shame to get it dirty now :D :D

Haha

I'm excited just to get it off-road and explore a new side of biking with my mates.

They've confirmed tomorrow is on, but no idea where we are going yet. OS Maps are being studied and I've been assured of 'getting muddy'

But as two of there bikes are on road tyres, I can't imagine it'll be an opening stage to the Dakar Rally.

Probably a gravel road across a field haha.

So the only excitement I can probably offer you is scratches and dents when we all fall off.

:D

My new 20' tow strap will probably be tied between two trees to hang our drying mobile phones off.... after we've wobbled the bikes into a drainage ditch

Removed my pannier bags and emptied the contents for an inventory Check,

I then got out the Honda Service Manual and went over my bike re-torquing all the bolts (A) as part of my 600 mile service (B) to confirm I have all the bits needed on trail.

So here's the inventory

- Cable Ties (Assorted for general fetishes and stop people running away)
- String (needed to hold calipers) or repairs or built a Blue Peter Boat
- Scissors (needed to cut hair and general stabby tasks)
- Steel Tie (no idea why, but seemed a good idea at the time)
- Rubber band (to flick at people)
- Steel Stick (to repair major hole damage), or make Plasticine "Morph" type characters to talk to when in remote locations
- Spanners 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 15mm. Fuck 11mm who ever needed an 11mm?
- Screw Driver, Flat, Cross, Hex, Ratchet attachment adaptor (to undo most continental cereal boxes)
- Sockets, 22mm (front axle), 27mm (rear axle), 12mm (front pinch bolts, fork yolks and most other things), 14mm (extended) caliper bolts, HW6, HW5
- Latex Gloves (so I don't leave finger prints when burying the bodies)
- Puncture repair kit (portable blow up wife maintenance)
- Pliers and Cutters (get into trespassing nicely through the fences)
- Allen Keys (no idea why)
- Torque Sockets (T7, T8, T9, T10)
- Rim Protectors (ahem... enough said already)
- Tyre Pressure Gauge
- Tyre Spoons x 3 (because 2 is not enough already)
- Ratchet 1/2 Inch, with 1/4 Inch adaptor (so i look semi-pro when this comes out)
- Trail Stand Adjustable (so you dont have to hang the bike from a lamp-post or hunt 3 hours for the perfect rock stand)
- Microfibre cloth (to mop my beaded brow)
- 21" Spare Tyre Tube (inflatable device to mark sunken bike when recovery helicopter turns up)
- Head Torch (because you have to pee in the dark)
- Super Glue (repairs cuts, lips and eyes)
- Baja 'No Pinch' tyre fitting tool. (I've been assured this is the dogs bollox, so it had better be)
- 20' tow strap (keeps the ladies in the same place I left them when seeking food and water)

Job done :thumb2

All that lot its into those two small panniers at the front.

Attachments

• Inventry.jpg
    Inventry.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 193
well thats a lot of gear! On the GSA, I just took a tow rope, shackle, folding shovel and a puncture kit. Then again it was tubeless. I also wouldn't take my GSA off road alone, too fecking heavy. thats why I got the Husky. Still debating taking the AT off road.

Removed my pannier bags and emptied the contents for an inventory Check,

I then got out the Honda Service Manual and went over my bike re-torquing all the bolts (A) as part of my 600 mile service (B) to confirm I have all the bits needed on trail.

So here's the inventory

- Cable Ties (Assorted for general fetishes and stop people running away)
- String (needed to hold calipers) or repairs or built a Blue Peter Boat
- Scissors (needed to cut hair and general stabby tasks)
- Steel Tie (no idea why, but seemed a good idea at the time)
- Rubber band (to flick at people)
- Steel Stick (to repair major hole damage), or make Plasticine "Morph" type characters to talk to when in remote locations
- Spanners 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 15mm. Fuck 11mm who ever needed an 11mm?
- Screw Driver, Flat, Cross, Hex, Ratchet attachment adaptor (to undo most continental cereal boxes)
- Sockets, 22mm (front axle), 27mm (rear axle), 12mm (front pinch bolts, fork yolks and most other things), 14mm (extended) caliper bolts, HW6, HW5
- Latex Gloves (so I don't leave finger prints when burying the bodies)
- Puncture repair kit (portable blow up wife maintenance)
- Pliers and Cutters (get into trespassing nicely through the fences)
- Allen Keys (no idea why)
- Torque Sockets (T7, T8, T9, T10)
- Rim Protectors (ahem... enough said already)
- Tyre Pressure Gauge
- Tyre Spoons x 3 (because 2 is not enough already)
- Ratchet 1/2 Inch, with 1/4 Inch adaptor (so i look semi-pro when this comes out)
- Trail Stand Adjustable (so you dont have to hang the bike from a lamp-post or hunt 3 hours for the perfect rock stand)
- Microfibre cloth (to mop my beaded brow)
- 21" Spare Tyre Tube (inflatable device to mark sunken bike when recovery helicopter turns up)
- Head Torch (because you have to pee in the dark)
- Super Glue (repairs cuts, lips and eyes)
- Baja 'No Pinch' tyre fitting tool. (I've been assured this is the dogs bollox, so it had better be)
- 20' tow strap (keeps the ladies in the same place I left them when seeking food and water)

Job done :thumb2

All that lot its into those two small panniers at the front.

What, no FIRST AID kit!!! :eek::D

What, no FIRST AID kit!!! :eek::D

Hang on... that's what's in the first two panniers.

I've got my rear panniers and back pack yet....

Anyways, I've got cable ties, pliers, scissors and superglue. That'll do for everything you need from open heart surgery to botox

I don't take that much for a day out on the trails, in the wilderness of the Dales - where a phone signal is patchy and petrol stations are few and far between, on a weeend

I commend your list

I don't take that much for a day out on the trails, in the wilderness of the Dales - where a phone signal is patchy and petrol stations are few and far between, on a weeend

I commend your lits

Well I'd like to just go and see where I end up. With this lot, it gives me and my mates a bit more confidence to go further out into the wilds (like north of Manchester).

I'd hope these front two panniers never need to be opened. They'll just live there quietly.

I just need some more space now for Tyre Inflation Device and my bead breakers. Plus anything else I've forgotten.

Warlord, I'll gladly go for a run in the peaks with you if you fancy it, there is a few "challenging" lanes I know of.
Also have way points for most lanes (some of which are TRO'd) in my GPS. Some are just gravel, others are more tricky.
Then north of that Salter fell in lancashire. If you've never taken a big adv bike offroad before its a good lane to get familiar on as its long and not to brutal.
If your feeling ambitious then there is the old coach road in the north lakes.

So on a big adv bike you can combine salter fell, lanes around hawes and the north lakes into a good days riding.

Warlord, I'll gladly go for a run in the peaks with you if you fancy it, there is a few "challenging" lanes I know of.
Also have way points for most lanes (some of which are TRO'd) in my GPS. Some are just gravel, others are more tricky.
Then north of that Salter fell in lancashire. If you've never taken a big adv bike offroad before its a good lane to get familiar on as its long and not to brutal.
If your feeling ambitious then there is the old coach road in the north lakes.

So on a big adv bike you can combine salter fell, lanes around hawes and the north lakes into a good days riding.

PM Sent

Well I'd like to just go and see where I end up. With this lot, it gives me and my mates a bit more confidence to go further out into the wilds (like north of Manchester).

Aye, we usually do a 130 mile loop on 400's in the Dales or even coast to coast, that's pretty much an adventure and without a GPS either..............just follow your nose and know where the trails are

Back
Top Bottom