My Africa Twin

Excellent - ypu won't need to ride around anything; you can just go straight through it! :eek:

Exactly. Dry stone walls, no problem. Steel gates, no problem. Muddy puddles, erm might go around those.

Off-Roading with my mates

Had a brilliant day today with my mates, off-roading around Derbyshire.

Got the OS Maps out and did some suitable lanes.

Had lunch, chatted loads. Had a great time. Applied some skills, showed who's boss.

Lovely scenery, great day :thumb2

Attachments

• Scenery1.jpg
    Scenery1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Scenery2.jpg
    Scenery2.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 234
But that's not what you came back to this thread for was it :green gri:D

You want to see that brand new, shiney, expensive, piece of art Africa Twin..... DIRTY...... :augie

Well......... :bounce1

Carnage... Wreckage... Fun... Laughter... DCT.... :bow :D

Attachments

• Down1.jpg
    Down1.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 233
  • Down2.jpg
    Down2.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 286
  • Down3.jpg
    Down3.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Down4.jpg
    Down4.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 272
Had a great time, really good fun :D

Attachments

• Mud1.jpg
    Mud1.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Mud2.jpg
    Mud2.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Mud3.jpg
    Mud3.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 235
  • Mud4.jpg
    Mud4.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 236
Some Nice Pics during the day

Attachments

• Nice0.jpg
    Nice0.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 241
  • Nice1.jpg
    Nice1.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 234
  • Nice3.jpg
    Nice3.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 228
  • Nice2.jpg
    Nice2.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 234
It isn't showroom condition now.

But more importantly, the DCT mode.

Traction Control Off
ABS Off
Drive Mode S2
Gravel Mode On

Really bloody brilliant. Enjoyed riding with the DCT especially on some very dodgy hill starts. Didn't cause me a problem at any time.

The new upgraded foot pegs were brilliant, really grippy and much larger. The Footpeg Guard saved it, so that's paid for itself already.

All the lads really enjoyed the day, even though I wasn't the only one dropping their steed. haha.

Not my bike, but we had slipping clutch issues, dead battery starting issues and broken off footpeg. But we all survived and got home safe.

Looking forward to washing off the bike and seeing just how much damage was done. (but that won't be for a while as out again tomorrow on it :D)

Looks like you had some good fun, what are those suitcases you have on the bars?

Well done mate, true to your word!!

Now...make sure you clean it with care & the right products; I'd hate to see you start a 'Corrosion on my subframe' thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done mate, true to your word!!

Now...make sure you clean it with care & the right products; I'd hate to see you start a 'Corrosion on my subframe' thread

:D It won't survive long enough to get rusty with me at the controls.

Some observations from yesterday.

1) Africa Twin, Super Tenere, Vstrom and Triumph Tiger are all too heavy in mud.

During our 'epic' adventure yesterday we were laughed at several times. One by a local woman walking a dog. "They're not trails bikes, where you going with them? fnar fnar"..... and TWO groups of KTM Zing Zing machines (mountain bikes with engines) who 'played through' while we were contemplating a 30 meter stretch of water... "haha.... can we watch" they laughed.

But... even though our bikes were heavy, we still had fun helping each other through. Teamwork. Yes it was slow, yes it wasn't graceful, yes it was ugly... but we did it. Nobody was frustrated and everyone was enjoying it because we were all equal.

Would I like my Africa Twin to be in a pack of Zing Zings.... no way. Torture watching them jump in and out of ruts and wet grass like their bikes were made of Helium.

So even though we only covered a 10th of the ground work, my argument is that we saw more, and spent more time together and messing about. As a fun day out should be

That is a good thing.

2) DCT and no clutch lever didn't slow me down or hold me back. Honestly, with all the other things to think about, I was glad to have the auto gear change doing its thing.

3) Karoo 3 rear tyres are wearing out fast. I've only done about 500 miles and they are half worn out already !! Must switch back to GSA for road use, even though DCT is brilliant on road.

Some observations from yesterday.

1) Africa Twin, Super Tenere, Vstrom and Triumph Tiger are all too heavy in mud.

During our 'epic' adventure yesterday we were laughed at several times. One by a local woman walking a dog. "They're not trails bikes, where you going with them? fnar fnar"..... and TWO groups of KTM Zing Zing machines (mountain bikes with engines) who 'played through' while we were contemplating a 30 meter stretch of water... "haha.... can we watch" they laughed.

But... even though our bikes were heavy, we still had fun helping each other through. Teamwork. Yes it was slow, yes it wasn't graceful, yes it was ugly... but we did it. Nobody was frustrated and everyone was enjoying it because we were all equal.

Would I like my Africa Twin to be in a pack of Zing Zings.... no way. Torture watching them jump in and out of ruts and wet grass like their bikes were made of Helium.

So even though we only covered a 10th of the ground work, my argument is that we saw more, and spent more time together and messing about. As a fun day out should be

That is a good thing.

2) DCT and no clutch lever didn't slow me down or hold me back. Honestly, with all the other things to think about, I was glad to have the auto gear change doing its thing.

3) Karoo 3 rear tyres are wearing out fast. I've only done about 500 miles and they are half worn out already !! Must switch back to GSA for road use, even though DCT is brilliant on road.

Good stuff

But looking at your pics I know why I take a sub 400cc bike every time

Small bikes can get you into enough trouble though

Good stuff

But looking at your pics I know why I take a sub 400cc bike every time

Small bikes can get you into enough trouble though

Agreed.

For making swift progress, and less likely to be dropping it, and easier to pick up if you do.... sub 400cc for the win.

If you fancy rolling around in the mud, exploring muscles you never knew existed with sweaty grown men on a Saturday afternoon.... 1000cc plus

Erm... what am I saying lol...

Back
Top Bottom