My Africa Twin

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well it's taken some work to get it to this stage, but I like how it's going so far.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Hat01.jpg
    Hat01.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 970
  • Hat02.jpg
    Hat02.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 925
  • Hat03.jpg
    Hat03.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 910
  • Hat04.jpg
    Hat04.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 973
Some more pics of around the bike

Attachments

• Hat05.jpg
    Hat05.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 944
  • Hat06.jpg
    Hat06.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 885
  • Hat07.jpg
    Hat07.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 872
  • Hat08.jpg
    Hat08.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 942
Took exhaust off and refitted with new gaskets.

This enabled me to get access to fit the Altrider Crash Bars Uppers, Lowers and Reinforcement. Also needed access to fit the Altrider Skid plate and extension. So the skid plate goes the whole length of bike now, didn't want a centre stand.

Camel Adv footpeg shield as these are known to be broken off as very vulnerable under the bike. I don't fancy riding home with my right footpeg smashed off. So that was painted black and fitted.

Didn't want gold forks, so covered them in Carbon Effect Vinyl, so it also acts as a mild barrier protection and just peel them off to replace.

Put some tank protection on as I know how little bits of grit thrown up can cause havoc with paintwork while its rolling around between you and the paintwork. DAMHIK :blast

Powder-coated the exhaust system so it matches (matt black, and satin black for exhaust lowers). Brake lever is also black but not fitted yet as still awaiting Altrider extended brake lever.

Garmin off-road GPS installed with OS maps.

Oxford heated grips installed for those cold rainy days when they save your life coming home !

Metzeler Karoo 3 Knobbly tyres to be fitted shortly... just want to road test it first and get it's first service done before I fit them.

Black Barkbuster Storm hand-guards

Looks good. You just need to paint the gold engine (which stands out like a sore thumb now!), then you’re done.:thumb

that looks stunning i like the bit of gold bling on the engine:D

rear brake lever needs doing black though;)

can you show us your oxford grip install? got to do mine :beerjug:

can you show us your oxford grip install? got to do mine :beerjug:

Sure. I'm knackered this evening and busy now until Sunday, so might be a short wait for picks.

I had them on today at 75%... so glad heated grips are luxury when temps drop.

Is it me or do these DCT Africa Twins bring out the hooligan in people? I was having a lot of fun today (bringing up mileage to first service) and looked down at the speedo.... ooops.... bit too much fun...

Sounds bloody nice on accelleration

appreciate that:beerjug: are my ears playing games because im sure it sounds like a triumph trident:blast .. i absolutely love it, taking it up Yorkshire dales tomorrow for 2 days and a mates taking my LC so should be fun:D

appreciate that:beerjug: are my ears playing games because im sure it sounds like a triumph trident:blast .. i absolutely love it, taking it up Yorkshire dales tomorrow for 2 days and a mates taking my LC so should be fun:D

Pics or it never happened :D

Enjoy

Metzeler Karoo 3 Tyres fitted

Fitted the Metzeler Karoo 3 tyres yesterday and went out for a 50 mile bedding in today,

Tyres are great. Good feel and decent grip, although I did have the rear wheel spinning away from traffic lights on one occasion.

Anyways, all good. Makes the bike look more purposeful now. :thumb

Oh... and I took the wing mirrors off completely. So no looking back now....

Bike is a beast :beerjug:

Attachments

• Karoo1.jpg
    Karoo1.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 475
  • Karoo2.jpg
    Karoo2.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 449
  • Karoo3.jpg
    Karoo3.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 502
Haha just makes you want to jump on it now and go for a blast :bounce1

Hopefully I'll have some epic off-road pictures over winter, on it's side in a ditch probably.... lol

Back
Top Bottom