My Africa Twin

Thank you Davey.

It's good fun actually, but hard work while learning and rolling around a lot.

Great pics, and good to see you enjoying the bike in the way that you bought it for, no doubt.... I am a bit envious if I am honest, :D

Great pics, and good to see you enjoying the bike in the way that you bought it for, no doubt.... I am a bit envious if I am honest, :D

Don't be, I've still got the repair bills to pick up each month :D

But it is fun. When I'm in the Nursing Home, dribbling.. I'll look back on all my memories or pictures and it'll be good times again :)

If you want to have a go... you'll find a way to do it :) don't forget the pics :)

Got some more 'stuff' bolted onto my weaponised Africa Twin.

- SW Motech Pillion Plate
- Kriega OS-18 Soft Luggage

All fitted very quickly and gives me a lot more luggage space on the back, without the weight restrictions of having it all loaded over the tail piece.

(excuse the body bags in the background)

Still on order is the....

- Altrider Mesh Headlight Guard in Black
- Altrider High Fender Kit in Black

Should be here mid January 2018

:D

Attachments

• Kriega Twin.jpg
    Kriega Twin.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 282
They'll be nothing left of the original bike soon.

So far I've removed...

- The handguards
- The footpegs (front and rear)
- The rear brake pedal
- The skid plate
- The exhaust
- The pillion seat
- The tyres
- The handlebar grips

I followed this thread as it started, very keen to see improvements to the bike, Warlord, as I like the AT.:beerjug:And I appreciate the thought process of adding usability to a bike…whew...don't we all?
Me too on my old 1150.:beerjug:

But the thin veneer of boasting and spending, spending and boasting has dissapointed me.

Very shallow and not convincing.:rolleyes:

That is all.:comfort

But the thin veneer of boasting and spending, spending and boasting has dissapointed me.

Very shallow and not convincing.:rolleyes:

That is all.:comfort

Does it upset that he spends a lot of coin on decent expensive stuff !

Does it upset that he spends a lot of coin on decent expensive stuff !

My life has never been any different.

I'd hate to win the lottery, no fucker would ever talk to me again !!

That's the problem with the Internet. The sharing of such stuff can easily be seen as boasting or showing off particularly if the person is (overly) enthusiastic when doing it.

To bring more balance on the (excessive ) spending in this thread perhaps more people could show off about how many packs of fags they've bought today or how much beer money they spent before , and after , the match. I've heard of some people spending over £100pcm on their TV packages ! His bike is costing less than that.

Please delete or keep the words in brackets in your own mind if you feel they do/don't apply .

Enjoy your bike :thumb2

I don’t see it as boasting or shallow at all , and as for convincing? You lost me there flatdog , who is he trying to convince and of what.?

I really don’t see the problem with a bloke buying stuff for his bike and sharing it.

I don’t see it as boasting or shallow at all , and as for convincing? You lost me there flatdog , who is he trying to convince and of what.?

I really don’t see the problem with a bloke buying stuff for his bike and sharing it.

Thanks Peeping.

:)

Got some more exciting stuff coming....

Garmin Virb 360 Camera

On my BMW R1200GS Adventure, I fitted two Garmin Virb X and XE model camera's

They are physically attached to the bike, for front and rear footage. What I particularly like about this setup is that it's always available and ready to use, no matter what the weather, or duration of the ride.

Waterproof with Power Cables attached to bike battery (so unlimited power up-time), 128GB memory cards give 10 hours footage front and rear.

Read all about it here...

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/451559-Navigator-VI-and-Garmin-Virb-XE-Camera

However, on the Africa Twin my environment is different. It's off-road.

Bumpy terrain and fixed bike camera's don't mix well.

So I thought about it and decided to order the Garmin Virb 360 Camera. This means I'll mount the camera to the top of my helmet for a full 360 degree view of whats going on around me. I'm hoping also that my existing memory card will swap over to the 360 camera also (saves me around £60).

This camera also accepts a remote power cable, which I've also ordered, and this cable will connect to a 20,000 mAh super waterproof, dustproof, shockproof battery backup (which I've ordered). I'll then locate the battery pack in my rucksack that I have on me.

It should then power the device for hours none stop, in water, dust and shock related incidents.

If it all works, I should get hours of 3K 60fps fully stitched (Virb Edit Software does the stitching when home) 360 degree view with sound.... of every drop, oh shit, laugh out loud, crying and cursing moment.

It won't be attached to the bike, so stability should be good.

I've also ordered a new Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet with all the camera attachment facilities it has.

So keep tuned, coming soon..... my next off-road adventure is booked in for Saturday 30th December 2017 (in full 3k 360 degree footage, if it all arrives in time)... :thumb

Weird. I was having a look at Garmin Virb about 20 minutes ago. Interesting to see how you get on with the 360 and how your next off road day works out....

Weird. I was having a look at Garmin Virb about 20 minutes ago. Interesting to see how you get on with the 360 and how your next off road day works out....

Yeah, I think the '360' element of the footage for Off-Road environment will be very interesting...

Being waterproof, and 10 hour battery life should be good as well.

I'm going to look at getting the bike telemetry data off it also. See what I can do there.

Back
Top Bottom