Dainese Goretex - Read this before buying

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
I will never buy any Dainese goretex products again.

Case 1 : Gloves (Dainese Scout Evo)

Drenched through multiple times, supplier got them checked locally and agreed the goretex had failed. Sent back to Italy and Dainese have now said they are fine and the goretex is OK.

The supplier out of the goodwill has offered to replace them, but it annoys me that Dainese are washing their (very wet) hands of this.

Case 2 : Textile Suite (Dainese D-Explorer)

Drenched through multiple times (Goretex liner), the answer has been to re-tape 'one or two seams'.

Both now headed for the bin. Lesson learn't. I really don't need shit gear when touring.

RBW.

Re the gloves, goretex can effectively work in reverse if you have the heated grips on.

Btw, never had dianese goretex anything but like my 17+yrs old leather jacket and summer leather gloves

I'm still using my 10 year old Hein Gericke w/proof textile suit - never had a problem with it; great gear!

I use the Dainese Ice Evo GTX jacket and Travelguard gtx tousers everyday for commuting in all year.

Before the travelguard I had the galvestone (now replaced by the D1 model) that leaked in the crotch replaced under warranty no issues.

I've used the jacket in verging on torrential rain on the motorway for around 4 hours and a bit water got in / around but I'm happy to accept that in those conditions water will force in way in one way or another. I've had it for around 2.5yrs now with no other problems and I reckon its probably done about 25,000 miles in that time.

Equally my klim powercross gtx gloves are useless now in the rain....my Northface GTX softshell leaks on the back on the seams..my Hein Gerike GTX jacket leaks at some seams, my HG GTX trousers leak at the crotch..so I dont think you can say "dainese" as a whole brand is bad....all manuafacturers seem to have quality issues.

I've had various bits of Dainese kit over the years, biking and skiing, and my conclusion is that although the design is good, the manufacturing is poor and there's better available at the price. Seams come apart, poppers come off and waterproofing is average, simply the materials specification is not where it should be. Not had any issues with gloves though which I've found to be excellent :thumb2

Contact Gore-tex direct, they a good do deal with. Sorted my problem with a leaking pair of HG XCR pants that were about 8 years old. Full refund of the purchase price.

I had a Dainese D Explorer jacket and I was very disappointed in the build quilailty. Zips were crap, like something you’d get on a knock off jacket from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had a dianese jacket ( can't recall the name ) with D Dry lining ,Daineses own Goretex. i had it around 30 months and it leaked in a heavy hail storm in Andorra. On return home i took it back to the shop I purchased, the Rocket in Blackburn. They said the 2 year warranty was up but would return it to the manufacturer for investigation. After 10 days the Rocket called me to say Dainese would replace my jacket and I had to go to the shop to collect a new one. The one I had was discontinued so they gave me the latest version of it , which was more expensive ,with no cost to me.

I love Dainese gear and can't fault the service i received .

Had a pair of gloves from the Dstore in Bristol. The lining failed after a year and a bit so dropped them back to see if they could do anything. Short while later phone call to say come and collect a brand new pair. Great service and really nice guys in the store and would go back again.

I've had good luck with Dainese over the years. Current jacket and pants are superb, gloves excellent and all the other Dainese branded stuff I've bought over the years. Only 'problem' was with a Gator jacket....it didn't leak per say, but in a day long deluge water did creep up the front (between trousers and coat....capillary reaction ?) and give me a damp belly. Otherwise it was great.

The only thing stopping me buying any new Dainese kit is their prices have gone a bit too high for my liking. AlpineStars are most likely to to getting my money for my next jacket.

Contact Gore-tex direct, they a good do deal with. Sorted my problem with a leaking pair of HG XCR pants that were about 8 years old. Full refund of the purchase price.

Wouldn't bother , pre Rukka I had a HG Master jacket which was just out of HG's warranty but well within the Goretex 5 year guarantee and was leaking. HG washed their hands of it and Gore UK basically said send us the jacket and we will test the goretex and if it is faulty you will recieve a refund to a percentage of a 2 year old jackets value .

However, if it is not the goretex fabric that is faulty but a manufacturing defect ie badly taped seams or punctures of the fabric in the garment due to stitching you will get nothing.

How do you determine if the membrane is faulty asks I, reply from gore UK 'Oh we cut up the jacket and test the liner fabric'

So rather than having a leaky £350 jacket if Gore said it was not their fabric I would have a pile of cut up jacket bits !

Bought a Rukka at least they stand by their warranty

This.

Gore gave me a cheque for the replacement value of a pair of Oxstar boots that sprung a leak. Gore protect their reputation as the leading high quality brand very well.

Wouldn't bother , pre Rukka I had a HG Master jacket which was just out of HG's warranty but well within the Goretex 5 year guarantee and was leaking. HG washed their hands of it and Gore UK basically said send us the jacket and we will test the goretex and if it is faulty you will recieve a refund to a percentage of a 2 year old jackets value .

However, if it is not the goretex fabric that is faulty but a manufacturing defect ie badly taped seams or punctures of the fabric in the garment due to stitching you will get nothing.

How do you determine if the membrane is faulty asks I, reply from gore UK 'Oh we cut up the jacket and test the liner fabric'

So rather than having a leaky £350 jacket if Gore said it was not their fabric I would have a pile of cut up jacket bits !

Bought a Rukka at least they stand by their warranty

Your experience differs greatly from other recent direct Gore warranty claims. I recently had a year + old pair of Klim trousers repaired and subsequently sent back due to them still leaking. Gore refunded me the replacement cost.

There's been a few others recently with the same outcome as me. Gore-Tex is guaranteed for the lifetime of the product and based upon my experience, it seems like they'll bend over backwards to keep their reputation intact and the end user happy. You are paying over the odds in the first place for their products after all...

D.

Agreed, underated .... popular in Germany , but I think the UK importer keeps going bust.

Have a hein gericke suit which turned into a tea bag while heading up to Fort William kept heavy rain out for about an hour then oooops more water on the inside than out 🤠

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any jacket or trousers (pants) that are GoreTex Pro laminate are actually made by GoreTex themselves and not by whom ever happens to be the headline company. Be that Dainese, Rukka, Rev-It!, Hein Gericke, or anyone else. This is due to GoreTex being extremely protective of their reputation and that they had problems about 10 years ago with various companies claiming that their stuff was GoreTex when what they meant was that it was stitched together with GoreTex thread. So when they started to produce the laminate material they took the production of the clothing in-house in order to protect their hard earned reputation.
This is why all the GoreTex Pro laminate gear comes with a 10 year warranty from GoreTex themselves. So if you are having a problem that the shop isn’t helping with go to GoreTex UK direct and they will help. If your leaky kit is not the laminate but a drop liner I’m sure they will try for you but if it turns out to be a manufacturing fault then it is down to Dainese or whoever and not GoreTex.
Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom