info button function

IOM

Reaction score
Hi I dont have much hair but in danger of ripping out the bit I have somehow the info button has changed roles with the bottom button located on dash has anyone come across this or even better does anyone have a solution to revert the info button to its normal function .I know this isnt life changing but its starting to fry my brain I have tried all sorts of button sequences to no avail Thanks in anticipation Hughie

Yes about a hundred times and pressed various buttons in various sequences to no avail all the right notes but not in the right order lol

It's in the owners manual - somewhere :thumb. Well, it is for the pre 2013 models :D

If I could find my owners manual I'd look it up for you :confused:

SteveT

:cool:

It's in the owners manual - somewhere :thumb. Well, it is for the pre 2013 models :D

If I could find my owners manual I'd look it up for you :confused:

SteveT

Thanks Steve I have owners manual and cant see any reference to the problem just an explanation of the normal working if you can shed any light (that I cant see) I would be grateful Cheers Hughie

Found the manual.

Page 43 in my version - with ignition on, press and hold at the same time the clock and trip meter buttons on the dash (top & bottom buttons)

FLASH comes up in display

Press trip button (bottom one) once and LAP comes up on the display

Press clock (top button) to toggle between on & off. When on, the info button acts as a start / stop button for the stop watch - sort of like a lap timer (BMW's description).

Off should see the info button acting as an info button again.

Hope this helps

SteveT

going to go out to garage and try that now Steve thought I had already done that but your explanation seems a little clearer will let yo know cheers

Tried again my problem isnt that the info button is working the stopwatch but that it is operating the trip and the trip button is operating what the info button should ie av mpg temp etc so unfortunately that didnt work but thanks a lot for your efforts

Wow feeling exhausted now think I will have another go strange thing is I must have set this by accident previously and would like to revert to original settings Many Thanks Matty for taking the time to look this up :beerjug:atb Hughie

Just an update Matty managed to sort out from link you sent I have copied and pasted the procedure for changing info button function many thanks Hughie

1. Switch ON ignition.
2. Press and hold both buttons (1 and 2) at the left of the info screen simultaneously until the display changes (starts edit mode).
3. Press the BOTTOM button (2) to select the LAP (Lap-Timer) option.
4. Toggle the state to ON by pressing the TOP (1) button.
5. Press and hold both buttons (1 and 2) simultaneously until the display changes (ends edit mode).

That’s great, glad you’ve sorted it - I remembered the other thread from when I was working out how to do it (the manual isn’t very helpful!) but as I now have an 800GSA with no tyre pressure sensors I’ve decided to leave as is - makes more sense!

Dont blame you Matty I didnt alter anything deliberately but no idea what I did so needed instruction to revert having a rum now to celebrate lol !

Back
Top Bottom