I need a battery !

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As per the title

I need the biggest fuck off hot starting mega amperge battery that will fit under the seat.!

Sod cold cranking, it needs to turn the bastard when its hot not cold !!!!

Yup it let me down again... its fine cold, but when it gets hot it will not start.. just clicks and clunks.

Its got a new battery - March

And a recon / reman oem starter in July

Started from work tonight no problem - going into town some 10 mins down the road

some pratt decides to dive out out in front of me,

I heaved on the anchors, but not quick enough on the clutch, so it stalled ..

Yup ypu guessed it --- click clunk nada!!!

Pushed it the 20 yds or so to the carpark and did my shopping

Came back, turned the key pressed the tit and it whirred into life

rode home no issues... turned it off and then went to restart ... very slow, but dug in and fired up..

left it for a further 15 mins or so while i got out the optimate -

checked the voltage - 13.09V.. pressed the tit and it fired up straight away ..

14.09V turned all the lights grips on etc --- stayed at 14.9V

So basically i need a battery that can turn the fecker over when its at maximum temp, and any

clearances are non exsistant! ... somthing that can turn a country round a pole not the other way ;)

If your having hot start problems it ain’t the battery. Sounds like a wiring issue to me, have you checked your earth return and the solenoid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines always been a pig to restart when hot. A starter strip/lube/rebuild plus a motobatt just about solved it.

The starter motors have no cooling airflow, they get red hot from engine casing heat soakage and especially radiant heat from the exhaust catalyst when sat in traffic etc. After your next ride, try touching the starter motor casing and you'll see what I mean, careful as you might well burn your hand its that hot.

I don't know about the GS but it definitely fit in my 2007 GSA.

There is a spacer at the bottom of the battery tray, remove this and the taller battery fits.

Sent from a U11

Just been and measured ---

Feck me thats tight ... i make it a hard 175mm might need some fetling with a tapping stick if the battery is oversized!

MBYZ16H is OK, the MBYZ16HD is the previous ( superceded) model. It's old stock but ok too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I think the only difference is that one is yellow and the other is black & orange (think Harly Davidson)

Sent from a U11

Just trying to work out which would be better Moto or Odyssey -- dont want to be buying another in 12 months time!

Just trying to work out which would be better Moto or Odyssey -- dont want to be buying another in 12 months time!

Before you scratch your head too much over that, go back a page and reread what Karlos and Bendy Toy said. Looking at what you've said about battery voltages, I'd be surprised if another battery is the answer.

Back
Top Bottom