Interesting Trailer idea.

I’ve actually seen a similar system but it’s the front wheel that’s picked up. JJH

I've seen this on another forum (FJR IIRC).

There are questions of the effect it has on the final drive if the front wheel is lifted.

I couldn’t drive more than 100 meters without stopping to check...��

Just managed to track down the South African Web site. There is a comment on there about the cost in the US. 7000 dollars. Not a typo 7,000 dollars. I was hoping for about the equivalent of £500 to £600. I’ll be sticking with my trailer.

I've got one where the front wheel goes in.

My dad got it for his old bike but I've used it for my g/s. They work well. At first you are a bit nervous, but they're okay.

On mine, the front wheel drops into a frame and is locked in place by a bar through the wheel. The handlebars are then strapped to a some bits that come out the side of it.

Works better than you'd think and all collapses up to go in the boot.

Isn’t there an issue with knackering the shaft drive if you tow with the weight on the rear whee?

Just managed to track down the South African Web site. There is a comment on there about the cost in the US. 7000 dollars. Not a typo 7,000 dollars. I was hoping for about the equivalent of £500 to £600. I’ll be sticking with my trailer.
Their FB Page says R6100 - about £350, plus the tow bar attachment. Plus delivery and customs of course, but certainly nowhere near $7000.

That would be horrible to reverse with. You wouldn't know which way the trailer/bike was going until you see it in your wing mirror, by which time it's gone too far. (At least with something like my Ford Ranger, where I can't really see out the back window).

I also wouldn't like to tow that on a bumpy road. It looks fine there on the smooth asphalt roads, but even going over that relatively smooth speed bump, the front wheel leaves the ground.

Back
Top Bottom