What is this Autocom box on my new bike?

tornadof3

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all
My first post here. Last week bought a 2008 GS-A. Fitting my Garmin sat nav to the bar above the clocks was tricky (had hoped to just clip in to the BMW power source in the wiring loom just below the clocks) but found previous owner(s) had bastardised the wiring loom and put flimsy connectors on individual wires. Eventually mated my sat nav's power loom with the existing 'modified' loom on the bike and made it look as tidy as I could. In doing so, I spotted a black plastic box of tricks with 'Autocomm' branding on in front of the yoke/headstock, below and behind the headlights. It has cables going to it but not sure where they go (back into the bike innards). It's roughly the size of a cigarette lighter, but fatter. Any ideas what it is? I've no experience of Autocomm, I understand in general they are a bike to bike communications company. Is this box a transmitter of some kind?

Any replies appreciated

20171029_131637.jpg

Autocom make a range of devices which they fit into the same housing, it could be one of a number of things?

Looks very much like a Bluetooth module to em but as tunner says they use this case for other items. Bluetooth module normally have a flick off rubber cover with microswitch inside is used to part the item with other bluetooth device - poss Garmin

OK, thanks for the replies. Looks like I need to get the bodywork off at some point. Never know - there might be an Autocom control unit hidden under there going free!
Cheers

It’s a relay to stop autocom keeping your canbus live and flattening your battery, which it can do on some bikes.

Back
Top Bottom