Any body know ?

Rockred

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
How long it takes for a new code to be sent from the Mothership to the dealer?

The story so far, my 15 WC GS went in for its 10,000 mile a few months ago, it came back with the quick shifter not shifting up ( went in all working fine ). I booked it in a month ago to have the hill start activated and the quick shifter sorted, picked it up later same day, and was told that it needs a code from Germany to sort the QS out, and dealer would be in touch in 2 weeks. After just over 2 weeks the dealer phoned to say bring it in on Monday the 23rd Oct, took it in and was told Tues/Wednesday it will be ready, phoned Wednesday to be told that they are still waiting for the code from Germany, and that they requested it on the 23rd, but should be ok to pick up Thursday or Friday, its been in a week now and still no news. My understanding is that it is only a 30 minuet job to enter the new code. So does any body know how quickly BMW respond to a request for a new code?

I know they are short staffed i.e. 1 mechanic, I'm now starting to feel that I'm being fobbed off. I'm a very patient bloke, but do not like being lied too.

The garage is a BMW dealership.

Thanks in advance.....:thumb

My 15 GSA went in for a 12K service. I collected it a couple of hours later and rode home. It was then I noticed the GSAP was not working, I rode straight back and told them. I went for a coffee upstairs. Before I could finish it, they came up and told me it was done. I asked what it was and they said with the new software the GSAP had to be relearned. With new code.
Im not sure what your dealer are on about ?

Took my GS LC in for 12k service-- initially I was told the parts hadn't arrived in stock( basic service items not in stock, all a bit strange) and then it was another 3 days before it was ready to collect. Nothing done apart from the scheduled maintainance. Not sure if there was a delay waiting for updates from Germany. It didnt make much difference but no explanation was given why it took so long.

I waited a month from mothership but that was from new set up. When it stoppred working I took it in and it was fixed in 10 mins.
Mike

I avoided the GSAP because the test bike I rode felt like an old John Deere product, I had thought I might have it on the next bike in probably 12 months time especially after the Missenden Flyer said how good it was on the 2018 GSA.

I would be disappointed if was problematic after servicing and even more so if the mechanic didn’t pick it up on the test ride,

I avoided the GSAP because the test bike I rode felt like an old John Deere product, I had thought I might have it on the next bike in probably 12 months time especially after the Missenden Flyer said how good it was on the 2018 GSA.

It became as good as 'the Missenden Flyer said' it is now in the Euro 4 revision from late 2016 (on the GS anyway, the GSA timing may have been slightly different). I don't think there have been any changes to the engine and drive train since then - auto esa, tft option and hill start assist, bodywork tweaks.

I'm really impressed with GSAP on my Sept '16 - and the lack of 'old John Deere' clunk into first too. I think the quite significant changes that came in with the 2016 Euro 4 (2017-1) model are often not realised, probably because there were few visible signs and another 2017 model with the obviously revised radiator cowling followed so closely.

Struggled to use mine on my '17 plate GS since I picked it up new in late June. Upshifts were erratic...occasionally worked fine but usually clunky or impossible to shift. Downshifts were impossible 90% of the time.

It's the first time I've had anything like this so I wasn't sure if the problem was me or the bike.

Anyway after talking to a GS Rally rider at the weekend who told me how smooth the GSAP was on his bike I rang the dealer and booked it in.

This morning I had a coffee at the dealers whilst they had a look at it. In under an hour the download was completed and I was ready to ride away.

It now works as it should with both up and down shifts being very smooth. I like it!

Glad it was the bike at fault and not me!!!!!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom