FatBob advice

I have Hagon Nitros on my 2007 Street Bob 1'' longer than standard, never really been that impressed with them,they are ok on my own but not that much better than stock,2 up they bottom out too easily but its a shit bike 2 up anyway,so I just put the single seat back on.

One of the Hagons recently pissed its oil so they will need to be rebuilt over the winter,or I might just put the originals back on for all the difference.

I put 3/4 inch spacers in the forks and put 15 wt oil in which improved the front end to a fair degree for very little cost,a Predator mount helped stiffen things up and combined with a chain conversion after the belt went tits up at only 24,000 miles makes for a fairly vibey ride, but its bearable.

Shock Factory shocks are fairly new on the scene but get a good reputation and are available in different lengths,Uk distributor is Marksmotorcycles in the vendors section http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/466733-Shock-Factory-Front-amp-Rear-Shock-Absorbers

Its never going to be a sports bike but that's not the point,I get a lot of fun out of trying to ride it quickly without really going that fast.

If you want to improve your Bike, leave the shocks alone and change out the front engine mount for a Predator in the link below, it will make the bike handle like the old FXR,s , I did it on mine and the handling was changed tenfold, rock solid.

http://www.predatorvcs.com/latest_news#New front Motor mount for the Evolution engined Dyna

Bob

I have read about the Predator mounts but my main issues are bottoming out on the rear two up and excessive dive on the front, looking more for a more comfortable ride two up, in truth I should probably go back to a Road King which I will do if the suspension upgrades are not a success.

I have Hagon Nitros on my 2007 Street Bob 1'' longer than standard, never really been that impressed with them,they are ok on my own but not that much better than stock,2 up they bottom out too easily but its a shit bike 2 up anyway,so I just put the single seat back on.

One of the Hagons recently pissed its oil so they will need to be rebuilt over the winter,or I might just put the originals back on for all the difference.

I put 3/4 inch spacers in the forks and put 15 wt oil in which improved the front end to a fair degree for very little cost,a Predator mount helped stiffen things up and combined with a chain conversion after the belt went tits up at only 24,000 miles makes for a fairly vibey ride, but its bearable.

Shock Factory shocks are fairly new on the scene but get a good reputation and are available in different lengths,Uk distributor is Marksmotorcycles in the vendors section http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/466733-Shock-Factory-Front-amp-Rear-Shock-Absorbers

Its never going to be a sports bike but that's not the point,I get a lot of fun out of trying to ride it quickly without really going that fast.

I had spoken to Hagon about the nitros but not placed an order , thank you for your advice I will look else where.

Back
Top Bottom