BYE FOLKS, I'M RETIRING.

alp

Reaction score
Yes, I've decided that the time is right for me to retire from bikes.
I've been involved with bikes both on and off road for the best part of 60 years which have been great times and I've met many super people, but you sense when the time has come to put your crash helmet back in the cupboard for the final time.
My '17 Rallye is going back to BMW Ocean this week and I hope the next owner will have some good times on it.
I've witnessed bikes evolving from the 50's to the present day and it has been very interesting. The differences over the years has ranged from carbs, dynamos, contact breakers, yearly rebores, duff tyres and equally duff brakes etc. to the latest electronic magical machines.
Everybody stay safe out there.
Alan

Is this the Alan I met in Corsica with Peter and Gloria .... ??!

farewell Alan, you’ll be missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, you'll be back :D

A very sensible decision, if you’ve had enough.:thumb

...you sense when the time has come to put your crash helmet back in the cupboard for the final time.

Wise words... and a brave and tough decision to take.

All the best, good luck :beerjug:

All the very best Alan, and a difficult decision to make I'm sure.

Like you, seen the changes over the years ... been riding legally on the roads for some 55 years now, but not had enough yet ;)

Pack in motorcycling and you will of course grow old very quickly :rob

:beerjug:

Edit ... do the same as my father did, get yersen a Honda C90 for pottering around on :D

Alan,no one with that much service can ever truly give up,get a scooter or something,keep attending bike meets,shows etc,...retiring from biking indeed,its like the mafia you cant entirely quit! Good luck matey.

Yes, I've decided that the time is right for me to retire from bikes.
I've been involved with bikes both on and off road for the best part of 60 years which have been great times and I've met many super people, but you sense when the time has come to put your crash helmet back in the cupboard for the final time.
My '17 Rallye is going back to BMW Ocean this week and I hope the next owner will have some good times on it.
I've witnessed bikes evolving from the 50's to the present day and it has been very interesting. The differences over the years has ranged from carbs, dynamos, contact breakers, yearly rebores, duff tyres and equally duff brakes etc. to the latest electronic magical machines.
Everybody stay safe out there.
Alan
Whatever you do next be safe and be happy, remember all the great times.

Good luck.

Another alan

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Best of luck but I think you will get your biking mojo back it's hard to switch off the habit of a life time.

Bugger, you make me feel like a spring chicken. Time to dust the helmet off and go for a ride :D All the best, time for a wobbly box?

Must of been a hard decision.
Instead of being bikeless it may be worth considering a nice classic in pride of place in your home (if possible).
It's a good bloke who knows when he's had enough, with the good judgement and personal honesty to call time.:beerjug:

Is this the Alan I met in Corsica with Peter and Gloria .... ??!

Yes Giles. We had some good times and I still remember that not quite cooked salmon at the hotel out in the Corsica sticks. Cheers, Alan

I dread the time when that decision is upon me. So im not going to take it - I intend to carry on until such time as I am carried off.

Why not get a cheapie lightweight of some sort, keep your hand in from time to time, someting to fettle and polish and admire.

Yes Giles. We had some good times ....

I remember it well!

I also remember you saying back then that you were thinking of hanging up your bike boots (and if I remember you were in your late 70’s then..??)

I’ll be a happy man if I’m still biking at that age.

Enjoy your ‘retirement’ ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes Giles. We had some good times and I still remember that not quite cooked salmon at the hotel out in the Corsica sticks. Cheers, Alan

Was that back in 2013? I was on a trip to Corsica that year with MSL and there was an Alan who rode a red liquid cooled GS TE. Giles joined us at the 'salmon' hotel in the middle of no-where on our last night in Corsica. I was riding a white Yamaha Super Tenere.

All the best on your retirement.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom