Ultimate Ear with F5MC

Flaming T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Both myself and a friend pulled the trigger on a set of bespoke ear speakers from www.ultimateear.com. These have the inbuilt speakers so aren’t cheap... all in, a little over £200. :eek:

My friend, being a clever so and so, then grafted a 3.5mm jack onto the wire loom of the F5MC so that when you plug the ultimate ears in, you get the sound direct (intercom, music, satnav) rather than through the F5MC speakers.

Result is perfect clarity of sound at any speed and no wind buffering. IMHO, the perfect set up. :beerjug:

Attachments

• 065118CF-0F4B-4293-A514-60DA6667C480.jpg
    065118CF-0F4B-4293-A514-60DA6667C480.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 735
  • A06EE6A1-22CF-4F31-A004-04A0360A32A7.jpg
    A06EE6A1-22CF-4F31-A004-04A0360A32A7.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 706
Should’ve gone elsewhere
My squidgies are great
However the Soundear 1.5’s are shockingly bad.
Appalling fit, been back 3 times as they still can’t get the conch hooks right and the sound is worse than £10 supermarket specials.
At almost £300 I expect studio quality sound not a nasal fuck up with zero bass

Ultimate Ear are shite !!!
Mine were fine for a year and then one speaker failed on the first day of a two week trip !,
Cost me about £80 to repair.Then on my next trip the other side went !
They told me it would be another £80 so I told them to go do one and chucked them in the bin.
Got a Schuberth C4 now but might get some more plugs done by a decent company.Any recommendations ?

Mine were fine for a year and then one speaker failed on the first day of a two week trip !,
Cost me about £80 to repair.Then on my next rip the other side went !
They told me it would be another £80 so I told them to go do one and chucked them in the bin.
Got a Schuberth C4 now but might get some more plugs done by a decent company.Any recommendations ?

Eeeeeeek...... here’s hoping mine fair better. Hooking them into the F5 though is the main point I was making. Clarity is fantastic. Hope you find some great replacements. :beerjug:

Eeeeeeek...... here’s hoping mine fair better. Hooking them into the F5 though is the main point I was making. Clarity is fantastic. Hope you find some great replacements. :beerjug:

Thanks.
Yes,I used mine with a Scala Packtalk .Plugged straight in as comes with 3.5mm fitted.
That failed too !!! But one day inside warranty so got full refund .
Hope you have better luck.

I have several sets of ultimate ears and no issues, the sound ears failed on one ear and was sorted foc however the speakers in the c4 are far superior .

Not had any problems in 3 years with my Ultimate ears. Best to check them for wax after each use but other than that they've worked perfectly.

I've had UE sound ears for 7 years; zero issues but as Toddy says, need to wax check them :D

Cost me about £80 to repair.Then on my next trip the other side went !

For your decent company for new plugs look no further than Micky on this forum.

https://www.acscustom.com/uk/

I have used this company for years. Excellent quality and never let me down. They supply sets for use in various applications from helicopters (SF chinook crews very noisy environment) to shooting and of course motorbikes.

On Sunday travelled to the NEC looking to have some new moulds done, so i could have them placed on my 10 year old ultimate ear head set which works perfectly well, apart from the fact they are getting noisey due to the moulds no longer completely matching my ear canal. The first salesman perfectly understood what I was after and quoted a price @ £60 to do the work. The second salesman who was about to start the paperwork for the work then tried to get me to buy a whole new rig at three times the cost. He didn't want to help and thanks too his attitude lost not only my business but my mate who wanted a completely new rig. I will never use this lot again.

Sound quality on my Ultimate Ear monitors is perfect, plugged directly into MPs, phone, Sat Nav etc. If you're having issues, I suspect it might be the source or connection that is the weak link.

I have used Ultimate Ears for 8 years with no problems to report.

Soundear 1.5

I've just shelled out nearly £300 on these. Thursday, listening to music on my mobile (not on the bike) - fine. Used them for my ride down to Wales later in the afternoon and the L/H speaker was very muted - yes they were clean of wax. Before I send them back to EA this morning, I thought I would check them. L/H speaker restored to normal.

As for sound quality. Pretty decent, better than my Sennheiser's - I'd make these my preferred source but I'd end up ignoring everyone.

Umm, on second thoughts....

So happy with the sound, not sure about quality.

Both myself and a friend pulled the trigger on a set of bespoke ear speakers from www.ultimateear.com. These have the inbuilt speakers so aren’t cheap... all in, a little over £200. :eek:

My friend, being a clever so and so, then grafted a 3.5mm jack onto the wire loom of the F5MC so that when you plug the ultimate ears in, you get the sound direct (intercom, music, satnav) rather than through the F5MC speakers.

Result is perfect clarity of sound at any speed and no wind buffering. IMHO, the perfect set up. :beerjug:

What about the microphone though????

What about the microphone though????

Microphone is plugged in separately to the speakers so is not effected.

We have since changed the F5MC to Scala PackTalk as it has the DMC technology and also comes with its own 3.5mm jack for the speakers..... just plug the earphones in instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Microphone is plugged in separately to the speakers so is not effected.

We have since changed the F5MC to Scala PackTalk as it has the DMC technology and also comes with its own 3.5mm jack for the speakers..... just plug the earphones in instead.

Cheers the F5MC must be wired different,y to my F3MC as the mic and speakers are all on one loom with the mic connecting to a jack on the left hand speaker.

Cheers the F5MC must be wired different,y to my F3MC as the mic and speakers are all on one loom with the mic connecting to a jack on the left hand speaker.

OK.... we tapped into the loom at the point of the ‘master’ speaker. Pull the cover so you can see the wires connected on the speaker itself and via some soldering and identifying the correct wires, tapped the 3.5mm jack there. That way, speakers are still live if you don’t use the moulder ears.

OK.... we tapped into the loom at the point of the ‘master’ speaker. Pull the cover so you can see the wires connected on the speaker itself and via some soldering and identifying the correct wires, tapped the 3.5mm jack there. That way, speakers are still live if you don’t use the moulder ears.

Aaahhhh right, so you just added the female jack rather than replacing anything, I get it now:blast:blast.....cheers

Back
Top Bottom