The GSA is REALLY horny now...

Flaming T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I originally bought the FIAMM 120db airhorn to go on my 2014 GSA along with the recommended bracket etc. I wasn’t happy with the position :mad: (low down on the left out in the open) and what with the ESA suspension, couldn’t fit between the forks, so didn’t bother in the end.

Latterly I went with the FIAMM twin tones. Not bad, fit under the beak and wired to the EZcan, simple to wire up.

Recently, whilst bored and suffering from a bit of man-flu...it’s ok, I survived ;), I was trawling through YT and stumbled upon someone (an Aussie) who had fit one in place of the OEM... :eek: :bow.

So, today, I stripped out the twins, grabbed the air horn from the back of the garage and went about fitting it.:bounce1

Don’t believe what is said on sites that sell you the FIAMM/DENALI 120db horn. You don’t need anything more than a small extension bracket to fit it in there.

Oh, and yes, it’s f*****g loud :D

Been using same horn myself for last two years on a GS and gsa. Just fitted it again yesterday to gsa. They are very loud, very cheap and very easy to set up

Been using same horn myself for last two years on a GS and gsa. Just fitted it again yesterday to gsa. They are very loud, very cheap and very easy to set up

I’m in need of something louder, where to purchase & which model/part number would be useful plz

I’m in need of something louder, where to purchase & which model/part number would be useful plz

There is the Denali Sound bomb and the FIAMM Ultimate blast (as above..this is what i have) both are the same in db output (120) and can testify to being loud. both would wire in the same way, in my case using an EZcan or if you don/t have one of these then simple wire loom with relay to take power from battery and switch from OEM horn. I belive you can order both from NN or just search fleabay/hammerzon.

NNs is showing a bracket that is headed 'Denali horn mounting bracket R1200GS LC 2013 ON, 2017 on, Adventure LC 2014 on'

The accompanying pictures appear to show the denali soundbomb (not split bomb), but the accompanying detail says its for the split bomb on a xr.

http://www.nippynormans.com/hp2-and...200gs-lc-2013-on-2017-on-adventure-lc-2014-on

Anybody know whether the bracket is indeed for the original soundbomb, and able to confirm that the fit for GS has no issues?

Yep, I’ll get on it later.. a Piccy of it mounted would be useful..

here you go... not the best and i have no idea why it has come out upside down, but you get the gist. all i used was a 2-3 inch extension bracket (drilled two holes in it) to extend it along from the OEM mounting point.

Attachments

• Horn.JPG
    Horn.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 668
Should it be of help to anyone, I fitted the standard soundbomb on the GS today. I used the plug and play harness

http://www.nippynormans.com/k1200s/denali-horn-plug-and-play-harness-for-the-split-sound-bomb

and the horn connector (ludicrous price)

http://www.nippynormans.com/f800-adventure/denali-horn-to-bmw-harness-adaptor

Very straight forward to install, including threading of wiring.

In terms of hooking up wiring, this vid was useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca0WxLz7NTE

As said, I used the standard soundbomb (not split), utilising this made for the job bracket (ridiculous price)

http://www.nippynormans.com/hp2-and...200gs-lc-2013-on-2017-on-adventure-lc-2014-on

(note the description for the piece on NNs is incorrect, this bracket is indeed for the gs and for using the original soundbomb)

You need to remove the r/h panel set (air cowl cover and facia) to get at the wiring for the old horn, and the side panel under the tank (for threading wires to back under the seat) and, of course, the battery cover.

The soundbomb needs to be tilted back a bit to ensure that it does not foul the forks. Whilst I've torqued to the correct measurement + 1mn and used threadlock, I must admit to being a little nervous about the relatively close position of the bomb to the forks (1 cm each side), and in retrospect might have thought about the split bomb instead. Looking at the bike with the r/h panels of, there looks to be nice space under the air intake for the compressor; possibly mirrored on the other side for the horn?

Anyway, as said, very straightforward. Took me a leisurely 3 hours to do but, having done once, it probably wouldn't take more than an hour to do another.

If not using the (expensive) bracket, the soundbomb compressor needs to mounted 20 degrees of vertical. A couple of video's on YouTube show them mounted horizontally. This significantly effects performance and reliability.

If not using the (expensive) bracket, the soundbomb compressor needs to mounted 20 degrees of vertical. A couple of video's on YouTube show them mounted horizontally. This significantly effects performance and reliability.

Interesting, wasn't aware of this. As luck would have it, I would say that mine tilts back (inwards twards the bike) about 10,maybe 15 deg max.

Not that I doubt what you are saying but why?

Back
Top Bottom