Batzen screen riser and screens

LBL

Reaction score
Hi All,

Like a few on here the OE screen on the AT isnt perfect, ok at town speeds but for faster motorway speeds not good enough. Ive tried the Puig which is tall enough but skinny, meaning my wide shoulders were getting buffeted, I then went for a touring MRA which is wider but not tall enough for me, so i decided to get the batzen screen risers, this raises the screen up and down to suit. Anyway, i fitted them and just wanted to advice that the MRA screen wont go the bottom section of the batzen risers due to the shape of the screen.

Ive sourced yet another screen which is wide enough and tall enough ( and black ) with the risers :bow so gonna sell the others and hopefully i will be a happy bunny :thumb

On another buffeting note, i know some complain of the wind coming up between the forks but after fitting a crossbar and handlebar bag its pretty much non existent.

Attachments

• IMG_2391.JPG
    IMG_2391.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 1,022
  • IMG_2926.JPG
    IMG_2926.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,024
  • IMG_2898.JPG
    IMG_2898.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,057
  • IMG_3392.JPG
    IMG_3392.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,025
Yea the buffeting even with a Puig screen is still not good ,which bag did you get?

This is mine works very well and cost me very little :thumb
Screws to the original screen
Batzen IMHO is crap...lets far too much air under the screen

Attachments

• DSCF5238.jpg
    DSCF5238.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 998
just ordered the very expensive V stream medium. Ill report back when it son...
I have the same screen with the batzen bars and it works great. Not a cheap combo but cost was forgotton after first ride.
c6173bb731dc61ac74063043fd2626fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I have the same screen with the batzen bars and it works great. Not a cheap combo but cost was forgotton after first ride.
c6173bb731dc61ac74063043fd2626fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I find mine about 2 inchs too tall for me! Ridge is just in my sightlines, more so at night. Might continue my quest..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Right onto my third combination..tomorrow it'll be the Puig wind deflector on the OEM screen. V stream was too tall. Chinese wind deflector was bloody awesome but clamp kept coming loose. I am pretty sure the Puig deflector is gonna be my final attempt...well lets hope so, it's getting hard to hide all the arrival packages..

I’m using standard screen plus MRA X-screen jobbie - works for me. I’m 6’3” (but taller than Donald) with a higher than normal seat and can comfortably ride visor-up at all speeds.

572d57b0a9d980fb936450bcb590fccc.jpg
3621199d71b6eab0a96a7578b3273b89.jpg
b1d2d33c61517190677333430dc0f3ac.jpg
That doesnt look like the standard AT screen

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That’s cos it isn’t. Wrong forum, thought I was posting a PM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, fitted the puig extender and very happy so far up to 60mph. No time yet to motorway test. Still get wind coming up under the helmet though. But the cracking noise at ear level is gone and the shoulder buffeting is no more. Mind you this 80 quid extender does the same as the 20 quid knockoff chinese...except this doesn't unclamp..

Well, fitted the puig extender and very happy so far up to 60mph. No time yet to motorway test. Still get wind coming up under the helmet though. But the cracking noise at ear level is gone and the shoulder buffeting is no more. Mind you this 80 quid extender does the same as the 20 quid knockoff chinese...except this doesn't unclamp..
Just windered how you got on at motorway speeds then?

Batzen on mine too, works fine with a slightly taller screen

Attachments

• African Queen glen quaich.jpg
    African Queen glen quaich.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 644
What works for me is screen deflector on top of the standard AT screen plus fork deflector.
I'm 5'10 tall, 32 inseam, standard height seat.

Attachments

• PD3.jpg
    PD3.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 644

Back
Top Bottom