2010 LH heated grip... not working as well as RH... any pointers

Got the 'used' grip... OMG.. bike must have done 150K... in parts it was down to the heating element nearly... so that is going back...

So, set about my existing grip with a very sharp blade... just bit by bit until I could follow the outline of the hard plastic its moulded on to... once you get beyond the shoulder, you can plunge down and get the where the element is...
Both wires soldered on hard.. but still nothing from the test meter... so re-soldered one side... bingo.. its fine (just did the other one to make sure...

will re-fit and try but according to the avo... all is fine :)
Nice one...love it when a plan comes together.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They clearly are (not) serviceable items. :eek:

Well done, sorting that out. RHS is likely to be even harder to get at with the throttle cable stuff in the way.

I'd say so.. it took me about 1 hour to cut it off.. but worth the effort... I've stuck if back with loctite black RTV.. you can't tell its been off :)

I'll have to do mine. Right gets just warm. Left is cold. Trim off the old grips, sort out the wiring or heater element fault and fit new grips. The heater sleeves are fatter than standard handlebars so standard 22mm grips wont suit. Motorworks sell them.

Back
Top Bottom