G'day from Oz

DNL1200GSA

Reaction score
G'day all, I've just registered today, but have been reviewing the forum at various times based on search engine results. Looking forward to getting some advice on the GSA LC, as it seems to have a few quirks, especially with the electrics.

I've successfully installed the Hex Ezcan, plus the Denali D4s and Soundbomb split system. All working fine. I am now trying to install my Starcom1 Advance unit, and finding a suitable live pick up wire has not been successful at this stage. Initially, I hooked the Starcom1 to the phone circuit on the Hex Ezcan, but as it is only 4amp, the Starcom and BT module power draw showed 10.4amps, so kept blowing this circuit. I tried to install via merit plug to the power outlet near the dash, but this only gives enough for charging a mobile phone.

Eventually I want to install some form of power distribution module/fuse block, and have been reticent to tap into the factory wiring from the tail light, or the wires to the two fuses under the seat at the base of the tank.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated. I think I am at the point of cutting into the fuse wiring under the seat, but I am concerned about causing a conflict with the CANBUS.

Regards
Dave

Welcome Dave. Must be warming up nicely down there.
Be aware, you'll need to subscribe to access all the forums.

Cheers all, it is a good forum - AberdeenAngus, it is like winter hit here in the Eastern part of the country today! Rain, wind and cold.

Hi Dave and welcome, best you wrap up after next week, we are visiting friends in Sydney and over the years we have acquired a bit of a reputation for jinxing the weather.

Al.

Hi Dave and welcome, best you wrap up after next week, we are visiting friends in Sydney and over the years we have acquired a bit of a reputation for jinxing the weather.

Al.

Hmmmm. You had better not jinx it too much, we are off next week, starting in Cairns and working our way down the east coast via Brisbane and Sydney, finishing in Melbourne for the test match on Boxing Day. Can't wait!

Welcome to the forum Dave. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom