19 thousand Pounds - Yikes!!!!!!

Congratulations.

But please use (and abuse) it :D

I plan to, I shall be looking for advice here. The bike is lovely, previous owner had it returned to stock and a full refurb about 4 years ago and the bike looks new.

Mrs Berin and I currently use 690’s modified as travel bikes, with bigger tanks and all the rally raid hard parts, used for trips which are aimed at dirt roads but inevitably some road work is involved. We used to ride a lot with Louis Dut, formerly of this parish and I always looked enviously at his “Louis-Tech” HP2. Took a few years but now I have one!

On the agenda are:

1) suspension fettle, a Wilburs or Ohlin’s rear and fork mods, haven’t yet researched this sufficiently
2) bigger tank. Either an HPN or Marcus add on
3) strengthen rear sub frame, maybe try to copy the rack and bracing Louis did
4) small Wunderlich or similar bikini fairing, led light upgrade if I can find one
5) decat down pipes and remap
6) luggage, I have some Mosko Moto back country panniers, the MM Reckless also look good, as does the new Kriega kit.
7) some kind of cylinder head protection, not crash bars, and fuel line protection

No wheel mods, I think there is more choice in 17” tyres than there was.

If anyone has any spare HP2 kit lying around, let me know!

I examined the bike closely when it was on the forecourt and I was told it had a complete strip down and rebuild. I can believe that, as I noticed that the frame had been resprayed in original colour. Also looks like WP progressive springs have been fitted in the forks. Nice bike. :cool:

I fitted a Markus underseat tank to mine and a small Puig screen, which I also made available to quite a few other owners of HP2's. Most of the Touratech aftermarket items for this bike seem to be no longer available.

Glad it's gone to an owner that will use it. :thumb

I examined the bike closely when it was on the forecourt and I was told it had a complete strip down and rebuild. I can believe that, as I noticed that the frame had been resprayed in original colour. Also looks like WP progressive springs have been fitted in the forks. Nice bike. :cool:

I fitted a Markus underseat tank to mine and a small Puig screen, which I also made available to quite a few other owners of HP2's. Most of the Touratech aftermarket items for this bike seem to be no longer available.

Glad it's gone to an owner that will use it. :thumb

I'm debating the Markus, he will still supply them but maybe not with all the bits. Do you think it has WP fork springs? I test rode it and it seemed normal HP2 bouncy to me, but it's 10 years since I rode one and I'd just got off my superbly-sprung KTM 1190A

I have Louis old bike. It's a nicely kitted one. I may have a hpn tank for sale in the near future as I have 3 for some reason:eek:. But it won't have the oil cooler with it but the mega moto one is the same.

How about one of these

My mate makes these only weight 193 Kilo also makes an 850 version.

Attachments

• IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2513.jpg
    IMG_2513.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2514.jpg
    IMG_2514.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2515.jpg
    IMG_2515.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 343
I have Louis old bike. It's a nicely kitted one. I may have a hpn tank for sale in the near future as I have 3 for some reason:eek:. But it won't have the oil cooler with it but the mega moto one is the same.

MM- beautiful looking bike. a mate's had 2 of them over the years , both now gone to new owners I am sadly not one of them...

If anyone is stupid enough to pay that, then more fool them.

:jes:jes:jes

They are not bought at that price to be ridden.

I know someone who owns a Honda 400/4. He bought it brand new in its crate. It’s never been assembled and just sits in his heated garage. He doesn’t even have a bike licence.
He wasn’t too impressed when I asked if it was a sand-cast 750/4. ;)

Back
Top Bottom