Accelarator module... any good?

The device had a fixed effect on my bike, making it feel soggy - over rich. I removed it after a few hundred miles and the bike quickly settled back to normal .

I dare say, but with the accelerator creating slightly extra rich fueling I would have thought this would be flagged-up during the diagnostic part of a service and it would be adjusted out.

The inlet air temperature is an external parameter the ECU continually responds to. Making the air look colder than it really is just changes the ECU response.

I dare say, but with the accelerator creating slightly extra rich fueling I would have thought this would be flagged-up during the diagnostic part of a service and it would be adjusted out.

Looks like another air temperature resistance altering device such as the accelerator module.( basically a resistor in this case a couple a couple of pots).
Stick a couple of potentiometers in a bright coloured box and call it a Hypermegaultrapower device, put a massive mark up on it and someone will buy it.
At the end of the day if you leave the lambda sensors in circuit they will adapt these boxes out.
The only way to improve the fueling without it being adapted out and retain the lambda sensors is to modify the signal between the lambda sensor and the ecu.
As in the AF-XIED`s

TBH the AFs are really not low cost for what they are but nobody else offers anything close.

I wonder if the car tuning guys have an equivalent module though you would need two of them.

Looks like another air temperature resistance altering device such as the accelerator module.( basically a resistor in this case a couple a couple of pots).
Stick a couple of potentiometers in a bright coloured box and call it a Hypermegaultrapower device, put a massive mark up on it and someone will buy it.
At the end of the day if you leave the lambda sensors in circuit they will adapt these boxes out.
The only way to improve the fueling without it being adapted out and retain the lambda sensors is to modify the signal between the lambda sensor and the ecu.
As in the AF-XIED`s

That's exactly what it is. A variable resistor that plugs into the airbox temp sensor.
Only 130 EUROS !!!!!:eek:

Cost of the parts is about £2.

TBH the AFs are really not low cost for what they are but nobody else offers anything close.

I wonder if the car tuning guys have an equivalent module though you would need two of them.

Yes they have. The Innovate LC1`s And now the LC2`s .
These are the units that Roger04RT was using and evaluating before the XIED`s were developed, although he only needed one as his RT was an 1150.
I still have an innovate LC1, had it for at least 15 years, it uses a Bosch wide band sensor and you can configure an output to simulate a narrow band lambda sensor. At the same time still use the wide band lambda output to measure afr`s.
The simulated narrow band output can be programmed to the afr that you require.
2 of these units would be too bulky to install on a bike but have been used on cars for a very long time.
Hence My following the AF-XIED development with great interest and purchasing them as soon as they were available, Mine have now done 65K miles.

I like the idea of Lambda shifting but don't like the prices. A pair of AF-XiEDs can be sold on later but to me that's a bonus.

I might look luddite but would still rather have a remap. Sort of - subject to knowing what the remap actually changes. If it simply shifts the AF set point up or down then its no different to a fixed Lambda shifter. If it actually smooths out the rich/weak areas and perhaps adjusts spark timing then it would be offering additional value.

I had an '05 GS for four years and now an '09 for the last seven years or so. The 05 had brilliant fueling, although that had a full Akra double barrel system.
The '09 has been rubbish since day one, so I tried the resistor thing: no noticeable difference, then a Hilltop remap: no noticeable difference.
Now fitted a Power Commander and all is well, helped by Remus headers, de-cat and Akra single barrel.
Happy days!

Mine has been great with the Power Commander V but its only the basic version so its running open loop. O2 sensors are stored away somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom